Sponsored

What are the best "doors off" mirrors you can buy?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The only thing similar to the RR mirrors is the 90 degree bend in the elbow. The quality of our attachment points are different. Zero vibration and they stay put even on the trail. Our mounts are 100% stainless steel.
I have a set of these. There is zero vibration. They are an easy install and the fit and finish is excellent. They are easy to adjust. I ordered the concave round mirrors. They give a nice view.
Sponsored

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
+1million for the CMM mirrors. Without a doubt, it is the single best aftermarket accessory I have purchased for my JL

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I bought these (Rugged Ridge Trail Rectangular Mirrors at cjponyparts.com) a few weeks ago but it's been cold ever since, so I may not even try them out until spring.

1102524_2.4043.jpg
The round version of these broke on me after the 2nd try. I wouldn't recommend these.

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Where did they break?
Near the bottom part portion where the jam nut presses against. It looks like it was held together by either a cheap glue or cruddy weld.

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Another vote for the CMM mirrors. They are expensive without question. But, there is a bunch of engineering in them and they are very well made. The mirror stem and nut both have o rings to dampen vibration.

That said, I wish they sold them in singles. Kansas doesn't require a passenger mirror. I tried both mounts and prefer the lower one. With the mirror mounted in the upper position, its in the line of sight for me.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Just put these on tonight. Are the mirrors designed to be adjusted at the mirror itself? In other words are those three screws designed to be loosened at the back of the mirror? Thanks!
My CMM mirrors are stiff but can still be adjusted by hand without loosening any of the screws

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I gave up on finding easy to use but good quality side mirrors that are also easily removable and don't cause damage for my TJ. Now I just run without the side mirrors as Colorado does not require them, and I do not miss them at all. Maybe that changes if you leave the hard top on while your doors are off, but I never run that way. I honestly see buying side mirrors as a waste of money if your state does not require them, your center mirror and turning your head is adequate and safe. On top of that in most states which require side mirrors I suspect that convex mirrors would not be legal on the street either. Although it may just be enough to keep the police from hassling you.

For OP: Florida Statutes Title XXIII Chapter 316 Code 294 only one mirror is necessary, your rear view mirror is enough.

Those from CT, PA, TX, OH, MO, IL do not need side mirrors as long as the view from your center mirror is not obstructed.

NY, CA, MD, MI, VA, NC, WA, all require at least a left side mirror.

MA has a very vague law "clear view to the rear and left" which is open to interpretation so unless you like fighting such things it's probably best to get a mirror.

I only looked up the laws for those responding to this thread, so states not listed I just didn't bother trying to find out. If you can't find your own state's law ping me and I'll look it up for you.

Rhode Island's law says center and left side mirror is required.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys heres an option for those of you who want some good quality mirrors! They are from Doubletake.
I ordered one mirror and all the hardware required for mounting (the ball, and a 3" extension) directly from Doubletake. The total cost was $48 for a single mirror, and it works perfectly! No vibration, easy to install and adjust, and the convex mirror gives me a good field of view. I will be ordering a second mirror for the passenger side. Thanks for the recommendation, Moto_21!
tumblr_ps3i46KXYG1tkp167o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3i46KXYG1tkp167o3_1280.jpg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The weather this weekend is, finally, conducive to doors-off driving. I put my new CMMs on (mounted in lower position as suggested by @Jub).

Worth every goddamn penny. Soooo easy to put on and adjust, and zero vibration or movement (even at 80Mph).

Lots of good options in this thread. What a difference a year makes... My vote is firmly in the CMM camp, though. (I got the “ball delete” version, as I’ll never use a Go Pro or anything like that.)

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered one mirror and all the hardware required for mounting (the ball, and a 3" extension) directly from Doubletake. The total cost was $48 for a single mirror, and it works perfectly! No vibration, easy to install and adjust, and the convex mirror gives me a good field of view. I will be ordering a second mirror for the passenger side. Thanks for the recommendation, Moto_21!
tumblr_ps3i46KXYG1tkp167o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3i46KXYG1tkp167o3_1280.jpg
Awesome looks good!

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks of the JPeggz too. But what keeps the bar on the outside of the hinge from scratching the paint?
Shrink tube that goes on the pins. Heat with hair dryer. Jpeggz has it listed on there site and shipped it to me separate as it wasn't in the packaging.

IMG_2593.JPG
Sponsored