What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I'm wanting to get my ham license, but that will be a few weeks. It still seems the most common means is still CB. I've heard many of these Jeep events require CB so I went ahead and installed one. I wish everyone had ham. I have some steaks in the freezer.

GMRS I am not as familiar with. Just not enough time in the day to learn everything..... Ughhhh.
All the Jeep clubs here use HAM. I was all set on a CB before I got my Jeep. Bought a $30 baofeng radio instead and haven’t need CB once.

More and more people are moving over but yes. It does require a license to talk but not to listen or use in an emergency.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Gmrs is between a ham and cb. We have a gmrs mounted and will get a handheld cb for those that have that. It’s the new thing per say. Obviously varies by area but the range and clarity are much better than cb. Ham is way more than I want to get into. For reference, a lot of the handheld walkie talkies are gmrs so if you have a group that doesn’t have one, you can toss them a $10 radio to use

Brett
You sure you aren’t thinking of FRS? GMRS is like Ham. It requires a license.

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got a winch installed. Warn Zeon 10s in a 7 Slot Customs Pritchett Canyon bumper with Inspired Engineering Revolver fogs. I think it’s done for a long while.

A6C29B59-FF51-4BD7-8A3C-6DCB32E10644.jpeg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Do you have a larger lift, like 2.5 inch or more? I have a 1.5 inch spacer lift, I had the Steersmarts trackbar, but it was just too big. The adjuster on the Steersmarts is right at the FAD skid plate. Things are pretty tight, especially with upgraded FAD skid plates. I changed it out for the MetalCloak. If you have a larger lift, I think there are less space issues.
I don’t have a lift or any suspension/steering mods. My steering is quite sloppy and I’m determined to get it fixed. The dealer checked/tightened things and changed the toe, but it’s still not good. I’m going to have it looked at again next week.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I installed the Tuffy tailgate lock box today and it’ll be perfect for storing my iPad Pro and some work things. I also put on the door sill guards and started assembling my trail doors

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Gmrs is between a ham and cb. We have a gmrs mounted and will get a handheld cb for those that have that. It’s the new thing per say. Obviously varies by area but the range and clarity are much better than cb. Ham is way more than I want to get into. For reference, a lot of the handheld walkie talkies are gmrs so if you have a group that doesn’t have one, you can toss them a $10 radio to use

Brett
I'd like to invent a consolidated communication device that offers the ability to switch between cb/gmrs/ham and offer it at a reasonable price.:rock:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
They are NOT reflective and I got a cheap set off of ebay($8) because I didnt know if I would like them on there or not. Size is 3.5in by 5.5in.
Nice, thank you

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my 315/70R17 KO2 today.

Gonna try to use the KO2 as all year tires and sell the current setup.

Might go on Duratracs 315/70R17 next winter if the KO2 are not as I expect on icy roads.
I live just outside of Fairbanks, Alaska, and we routinely see -40 degree temps in the winter. Our roads are solid ice, and the K02s have been pretty good at handling them as I ran the stockers all year. Hopefully you’ll find the same.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Removed the Wrangler Unlimited decals and ordered some Nitto Ridge Grapplers (35x12.5x17)

My neighbor is buying my OEM KO2 for $1200, they have under 200 miles on them, deal for both of us. I get my tires for wholesale/vendor price through my buddies shop!

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
You sure you aren’t thinking of FRS? GMRS is like Ham. It requires a license.
Many don’t know but technically GMRS requires an FCC license it’s a 75.00 fee, but no test like HAM. That’s why no combo FRS/GRMS radios are no longer sold in US. Trying to reduce the confusion.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
finished up the Steer smarts stuff. Heres a photo or two of the clearance with ~3" lift. (installing my JL specific Nexus 2.2 once the tie rod clamp comes in)

IMG_20190516_142319.jpg

IMG_20190516_142327.jpg

IMG_20190516_142334.jpg
I haven't really driven Wruby much... so she hasn't really seen the elements. But is that underbody rust of yours typical of all our jeeps, once exposed to rain/snow, etc? What environment did/do you drive yours in?

Removed the Wrangler Unlimited decals and ordered some Nitto Ridge Grapplers (35x12.5x17)

My neighbor is buying my OEM KO2 for $1200, they have under 200 miles on them, deal for both of us. I get my tires for wholesale/vendor price through my buddies shop!
Can you please elaborate on why you went with the Grapplers vs the KO2s? I actually heard the inverse - that the KO2s were better than the Grapplers because of quietness and comfort. Why did you switch?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
What I did today (last night) - ordered a set of DoubleTake mirrors and RAM mounts for when I go doorless in a week or so (weather dependent). Got tired of my hinge-mounted mirrors from last year. Many thanks to the folks on this forum who recommended that alternative solution to the pricey CMM. I can't wait to install it and share my thoughts.