Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates from folks who’ve done a change on a 2.0? I want to get a better sound but don’t want to do a full catback system.

@FUHL - how are you liking yours?

@Robbys3m3 - I actually like the placement of yours because it would work well with my bike rack swing away system. And the price is good. Did you install it yourself? Most of these axleback systems look pretty simple to install.

There is a lot of information out there for 3.6 but not much for 2.0. I just want a better sound. I like the 2.0 but hate its sound.

When it warms up around here I will be putting the stock back on. Too much drone around 1,800 RPM.

I am glad I didn't pay for it. Flowmaster gave me it for letting them use my Jeep for a test vehicle.
I will be getting a cold air intake also when they go into production.
Sponsored

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
When it warms up around here I will be putting the stock back on. Too much drone around 1,800 RPM.

I am glad I didn't pay for it. Flowmaster gave me it for letting them use my Jeep for a test vehicle.
I hear AFE makes great cold air intakes for the 2.0. If you don’t want to wait for other companies give them a try.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I hear AFE makes great cold air intakes for the 2.0. If you don’t want to wait for other companies give them a try.
I will be getting it free so I can wait.
Neither the exhaust or a CAI are something I would spend money on.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
thanks...yes it's very easy to install yourself. it for sure for sure adds more aggressiveness but be warned, the cold start isn't quiet:)
Thanks!

Bummer but good to know. I don’t want drone if at all possible.

Sponsored

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Anybody just do a muffler delete with a turndown after the axle? I’m contemplating this, but don’t want it to be too loud.

JL-Rubicon-Haiti

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ, 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ-Scrambler Turbo Diesel, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have my Flowmaster outlaw dual exit exhaust for sale in the for sale section.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8

Nice to hear an honest opinion on this system. Most who get freebies for review or R&D tend to speak highly of whatever they just got. Pretty refreshing...

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I want a cat/turbo back system here, but everything out so far is too F'N loud and sounds like a Honda with a fartcan exhaust.

Also.......why do so many of these systems have dual tips to look like dual exhaust:facepalm:

Sponsored

imma jeepskate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler sahara unlimited 2.0 turbo
i have the 2.0 L and hated the sound , (NISSAN LEAF!) looked around and still not much out there as far as intake and exhaust for this version... soooo i got the CAT back exhaust from magniflo , couldnt be happier !!!

Sizona

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JL Rubicon 2 dr
I have a Borla Axle back Atak version installed on my 2dr JL. It is really made for the 3.6.
I though have the 2.0T, all fits fine but the noise obviously is not a much as the 3.6 engine would make. Looks great though. This happened somewhat by mistake but as I'm in the UK not easy to exchange etc.

Anyone know where I can get a purpose built Cat back pipe/tube only connecting in to the Borla Axle back I have installed already? i was hoping by getting rid of the centre first box it would improve the flow and therefore the noise.

Hope above makes sense, any advice be appreciated too.

Thanks

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
One of the exhaust brands should come up with an exhaust that is stock sounding normally. (for highway driving) Then via a flapper, controlled via the aux switches, gets a bit louder. One could probably accomplish this with an exhaust cut out, but I don't really want it that loud. Using the aux switches would allow you to customize how you want it to open, reuse previous state, or always start closed and require a button push to open.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
One of the exhaust brands should come up with an exhaust that is stock sounding normally. (for highway driving) Then via a flapper, controlled via the aux switches, gets a bit louder. One could probably accomplish this with an exhaust cut out, but I don't really want it that loud. Using the aux switches would allow you to customize how you want it to open, reuse previous state, or always start closed and require a button push to open.
Ask and you shall receive... except they're based out of Poland and I'm pretty sure this was a one-time exhaust. I dig it a lot though, you could easily take this to an exhaust shop and try to have something custom made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikvup0nLs2
Sponsored