Sponsored

Rocksport Shock owners, check the shock front bushings.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 3.5" game changer with the lower shock relocation for about 5 months now. I go wheeling at least 1-2x a month. I recently noticed a squeaking noise when i was on the trail this past weekend and i found out that both of the front bushings on the shock have pulled out. I called metalcloak but am waiting to hear back from them. Just want to throw this out there for those using rocksport shocks on their lift kit to check the upper bushing on their shocks.

60332285_10219540558322401_550921459422199808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.jpg
Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I'm waiting for my MC 3.5" game changer w/ rock sport shocks. Did you remove the black plastic cover on the shock?

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
We have seen a few cases of this. Normally from the tire making contact with the shock and pushing it inward. It sounds like yours may not have been the case and I know Eric has replacements heading out to you.

OP
OP
anotheraznguy

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for my MC 3.5" game changer w/ rock sport shocks. Did you remove the black plastic cover on the shock?
Yup, removed the boots on all the shocks. Only way to check to make sure the shock doesnt bottom out on compression

Dirtgetter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Heard a clunky noise and just discovered this too. Only been about ~5k miles. I’ll call MC tomorrow. Highly doubt my 4.5 BS wheels are hitting, but curious to see what they say.

Dirtgetter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Heard a clunky noise and just discovered this too. Only been about ~5k miles. I’ll call MC tomorrow. Highly doubt my 4.5 BS wheels are hitting, but curious to see what they say.
I guess the new shocks account for this in the design and metalcloak is sending out some new ones, thanks MC!
Sponsored