BostonBilly

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Hey Billy, what skids do you have for the two door?
I have the @ROCK HARD 4X4 aluminum skids. I can't reccomend them though. I have an issue with the fitment and their reply was "we will amend the directions". After spending 1600 bucks on a set of skids from what others claim to be a reputable company, I thought the fit and cust service would be better. Spacer is to short by about 3/4 of an inch and the tank bracket has the wrong offset bend, plus their directions say and show to have it on the inside of the skid. The way it is now the bolt head contacts the tank and I am relying on a 3/8th bolts shear strength.

20181206_102606.jpg

20181206_102658.jpg
Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I have the @ROCK HARD 4X4 aluminum skids. I can't reccomend them though. I have an issue with the fitment and their reply was "we will amend the directions". After spending 1600 bucks on a set of skids from what others claim to be a reputable company, I thought the fit and cust service would be better. Spacer is to short by about 3/4 of an inch and the tank bracket has the wrong offset bend, plus their directions say and show to have it on the inside of the skid. The way it is now the bolt head contacts the tank and I am relying on a 3/8th bolts shear strength.

20181206_102606.jpg

20181206_102658.jpg
Thanks, I feel your pain. That is a bad design. I asked because I am interested on what works for us 2 door owners. I had originally ordered a full set from MORE, tranny, oil pan and transfer case skids. I asked if they fit the two door and was told, I think so, try them and if they don't I could return them. Turns out, and I found out the hard way after installing the motor mount arms, that they don't fit. The 2 dr gas tank is way up front compared to the 4 dr that has an empty area in front of the cross member and interferes with the tranny skid. Notice from my picture how much further up the gas tank is on the 2 door. There was no way in hell that front skid would fit unless I did some serious cutting to the skid, so I returned them. On my dime. $150 shipping. Yeah that's right. I sent pictures to MORE so they could see how there was no way it would fit.

I guess I was their free guinea pig. They soon updated their site and said it did not fit the 2 door, only for the 4 door. Now they have a released a redesigned skid for the 2 door. It looks the same as the one for the 4 door with a big notch cut out of it. I may order it because it did appear very robust and hopefully they will give me some sort of discount if I explain what I went through. The only other one that has my eye is the one from HAUK, but I don't know... I think you need to buy the gas skid to install the transfer case skid and that can get expensive, plus it covers part of the frame. Kind of waiting to see if anyone else comes out with something better this Spring. Slowly stuff is coming out. Good luck.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BostonBilly

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
If I was to do it again, I think I would have waited for the Metalcloak ones to come out.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
I have never been but I am told Old Florida Rd is more difficult than Ma Bell. Hope to find out this summer.
I just went up MA Bell today. It's pretty icy about half way up. I just played around in the lower section.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Central didn't have the Jeep I was looking for. They tried to tell me there was little difference between JK and JL. They only had the JK in color combo I wanted.
Best Jeep in Plymouth is where I ended up buying a 2018 JL. Fair deal, good service....

Sponsored

Keagan

First Name
Stephani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon, 2014 Z51 Corvette Convertible, 2013 Smart Fortwo
Vehicle Showcase
This thread should be for whatever regional BS you want to talk about. Hopefully we have some New Englanders in here. I am in Mass and headed to the dealer in a couple nights. I am looking to make a deal on a loaded Rubi and trade my Sahara. My only hurtle is trying to keep my "Green" plate, with no veh to transfer it to, I may have to wait til they start arriving on the lots
Since Keagan’s plates say his name :), I’ve traded his previous bodies in and I always order his new body. I just have them give me the plates and I bring them back when he’s delivered.

OP
OP
BostonBilly

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I am looking for a JLU Rubi suspension take off for my 2dr. I am looking to add a minimal lift for cheap or free. I know it is a long shot but worth asking, maybe someone just wants the parts gone

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
looking for front and back steel bumpers, cash in hand, closer to Boston the better

Last edited:
OP
OP
BostonBilly

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I picked up a takeoff suspension and just need a day to throw it in now. I also have 2 sets of Ace sliders for a 2dr if anyone is interested. One set is new in the box and one is lightly used and on my Jeep now. I like them but wife and daughter need something that comes out further to step up on.

Screenshot_20190512-060824_Chrome.jpg

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Anyone have take off wheels & tires? Also looking for steel bumpers, cash in hand, closer to Boston the better
I have a set of 5 Rubi take offs BFG ko2 285/70/17. Spare has 0 miles. Wheels/Tires/TPMS. $1500. Pm me.

Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a takeoff suspension and just need a day to throw it in now. I also have 2 sets of Ace sliders for a 2dr if anyone is interested. One set is new in the box and one is lightly used and on my Jeep now. I like them but wife and daughter need something that comes out further to step up on.
I’m a little confused. Are you installing a 4 dr Rubi suspension to gain a little lift on your 2 dr Rubi?

OP
OP
BostonBilly

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I’m a little confused. Are you installing a 4 dr Rubi suspension to gain a little lift on your 2 dr Rubi?
Yes sir. It is more of a temporary deal that gives me time to wait out the aftermarket. It also gives me a little lift while looking stock while I deal with the bump steer and any other possible issues while still under warranty

OP
OP
BostonBilly

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Anyone headed out to Monson for GTD

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
Anyone headed out to Monson for GTD
Yup. I will be heading down with my son. We went last year when my JLUR was stock and had a good time.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
See you guys there!

20190428_103136.jpg
Sponsored