Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got got my real bead-locks on, they balanced out with very little weight. I’m really impressed with these dirty life wheels. And, of course, Colby did her own inspection, she approves.....:)
Something about that red collar on the black gets my attention every time. Man, I gotta get one for my girlfr...... oh crap. Wrong forum.

Sorry.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Day 27

Installed CB mount on passenger grab handle. I like it there vs attached to CB itself. Rotated Hi Lift accessory attachment so shovel would sit higher out of way and out of view. Made some aluminum angle brackets to do this. If I was able to use the Dominion Hi Lift Jack Mount this wouldn't be necessary, but my Maximus-3 brackets used same mounting holes on the roll cage.

PHOTO_20190515_220142.jpg

PHOTO_20190515_220158.jpg

PHOTO_20190514_215917.jpg

PHOTO_20190514_215909.jpg

PHOTO_20190514_215901.jpg
Have you looked into a gmrs radio? Your CB is like adding an 8 track to your Ferrari! Great job on the build but consider a midland mxt275 or something like that to compliment your comms options. GMRS is much clearer and great range

Brett

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I'm thinking of getting the Steer Smarts, too. What are your thoughts on driving improvement? Did you have steering problems before?

Thanks.
Do you have a larger lift, like 2.5 inch or more? I have a 1.5 inch spacer lift, I had the Steersmarts trackbar, but it was just too big. The adjuster on the Steersmarts is right at the FAD skid plate. Things are pretty tight, especially with upgraded FAD skid plates. I changed it out for the MetalCloak. If you have a larger lift, I think there are less space issues.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Have you looked into a gmrs radio? Your CB is like adding an 8 track to your Ferrari! Great job on the build but consider a midland mxt275 or something like that to compliment your comms options. GMRS is much clearer and great range

Brett
The issue is....most people seem to still be using the 8 track player(cb) and you want to be able to communicate with them.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
The issue is....most people seem to still be using the 8 track player(cb) and you want to be able to communicate with them.

Well not to say the west is leading as I Don’t subscribe to the politics here, but I agree you all need to experience real coms with uhf/vhf you;won’t go back...

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking for some reflective flags for my Granite JL. Where did you get your flags
They are NOT reflective and I got a cheap set off of ebay($8) because I didnt know if I would like them on there or not. Size is 3.5in by 5.5in.

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT

Brett
I'm wanting to get my ham license, but that will be a few weeks. It still seems the most common means is still CB. I've heard many of these Jeep events require CB so I went ahead and installed one. I wish everyone had ham. I have some steaks in the freezer.

GMRS I am not as familiar with. Just not enough time in the day to learn everything..... Ughhhh.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I'm wanting to get my ham license, but that will be a few weeks. It still seems the most common means is still CB. I've heard many of these Jeep events require CB so I went ahead and installed one. I wish everyone had ham. I have some steaks in the freezer.

GMRS I am not as familiar with. Just not enough time in the day to learn everything..... Ughhhh.
Gmrs is between a ham and cb. We have a gmrs mounted and will get a handheld cb for those that have that. It’s the new thing per say. Obviously varies by area but the range and clarity are much better than cb. Ham is way more than I want to get into. For reference, a lot of the handheld walkie talkies are gmrs so if you have a group that doesn’t have one, you can toss them a $10 radio to use

Brett