BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks great. I don't know why the handles come black. If you look at the GC, they are color matching (at least on white). What was the cost to have these painted and do you think they will hold up? I'm leaning towards ordering white and am planning on doing a similar "white out".
Sponsored

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
84F63E1A-5021-4461-8E36-6B163126A7B8.png
5F983B09-D96C-450F-BA7E-E52B342BD4A2.png
42E12451-4929-4B73-AA46-1D347BDD0A13.png
204613B1-9BAC-48FF-A8DB-82A96AB35AF2.png
Beautiful !!! Between you and JGrand I think I know what I'm going to do with mine when it shows up in a couple of weeks !! What are your thoughts, and/or your painter's thoughts, on your new white painted parts regarding durability ? I have a local painter who always says " I can paint anything", but haven't yet talked to him about these types of parts in particular. Looks really nice !! Curious if you are contemplating a wheel/tire swap-out or not ? It also looks like you've added window tint. Very nice looking ride ! Nice to see a few Sahara's on the forum as by far the most posted to date are Rubi's.
Thanks! I a man also going to get the hood latches to match the body too. Leaving the vents or painting them Gloss black.

I was considering painting the black plastic trim around the fenders. But I think Iā€™m leaving the whole bottom to match the bumper, trim around wheel fender, and running boards.

Painter said it should hold up just fine. Said the handles might need touch up work in time but was confident everything would last.

Trick was to make sure to sand everything completely smooth. He said everything turned out well, no problems. He was pretty confident they would be good. He didnā€™t recommend I do the fender trim because of all the road kick-up that may cause it to wear/chip or whatnot. Because that area gets the most of the beating. But Iā€™ll keep you posted if there is any issues with the parts I had done.

I plan on getting wheel upgrades. Keeping it 18ā€ but getting Wheels something similar to these. But due to insufficient funds I will be waiting a little a while. Lol.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Looks great. I don't know why the handles come black. If you look at the GC, they are color matching (at least on white). What was the cost to have these painted and do you think they will hold up? I'm leaning towards ordering white and am planning on doing a similar "white out".
Painter seemed confident that the paint would hold. Completely sanded everything smooth before paint application. Everything on mine cost $550.

merilm

First Name
Meril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser (sold), 2018 White JLU Sahara ordered, 2013 HD Softtail Deluxe w/ a little extra chrome.
Occupation
semi-retired
Purchased a white JLUR three weeks ago today and thought I would share a few pictures. Had a hard time choosing colors but really like this combination.

IMG_20180124_090557.jpg
Congrats !! White is Great !!!

Sponsored

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Purchased a white JLUR three weeks ago today and thought I would share a few pictures. Had a hard time choosing colors but really like this combination.

Great looking JLUR and awesome pics!

Whatā€™s the story with the completely empty warehouse? Or is that your personal garage?

pburke

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Great looking JLUR and awesome pics!

Whatā€™s the story with the completely empty warehouse? Or is that your personal garage?

Ha, that would be nice. I am in commercial real estate and was touring that warehouse. Had a few extra minutes and took some pictures of the Jeep.

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Ha, that would be nice. I am in commercial real estate and was touring that warehouse. Had a few extra minutes and took some pictures of the Jeep.

Great idea to snap a few pics of the JLUR in there - the pics turned out awesome!

Sponsored

merilm

First Name
Meril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser (sold), 2018 White JLU Sahara ordered, 2013 HD Softtail Deluxe w/ a little extra chrome.
Occupation
semi-retired
Iā€™m not 100% sure, but I believe itā€™s -12.

EBD00FEB-C436-4B22-BCCF-1382FF0C75C1.jpeg
Many thanks JGrand ! I'll show my wheel/Tire guy and I'm sure he'll be able to decifer the - 12BKMTXX code. How are you enjoying you ride ? Mine is now eta Feb 20-24. Assume you saw Muddog's painting of all his external hardware ? Am thinking of doing same. Have great wkend !!

InfamousYert

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Bright White.
Vehicle Showcase
Just drove her off the showroom floor.

Never owned a Jeep before, my wife has always wanted one for the 11.5 years weā€™ve been married.

Sheā€™s happy with it. Doesnā€™t have ā€œallā€ the options but is perfect for what we need.

C557BDDD-2116-45B0-A3D2-2C92715333E7.jpeg

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Just purchased my first Jeep ever and can't be more excited. Will pick it up tomorrow as it was getting PDI'd and detailed yesterday. I have never had a white vehicle before, but once I saw the white with black accents on my Ruby, there was not turning back. Being illiterate when it comes to Jeeps, I hope to rely on all of the seasoned professionals in this great forum to educate me on mods. Here is Christine:
e83b0c47937ba8a083d73cee205ab9d0x.jpg
Sponsored