Sponsored

Lift extended length question

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I also ordered the 2.5" MC GC for my JL and I went for the d/s just 'cause. I'll definitely be maxing the travel, though, when I'm on the trail. But I like the idea of carrying the stocker for a trail spare anyhow.

If'n you wanna come to the Durango area we can do it here. I'm spoiled and have no desire to install a lift without a, um, lift ;)

IMG_20190114_183042964.jpg
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Don't forget to install extended brake lines! (I didn't realize I needed to until after .. )
On a JL? What size lift? I maybe a little tight on front passenger, but it seems ok at full droop to where the springs start getting loose.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Hey Ruiner...one other thing:

Simple check for binding after your lift....jack the front end up by placing jack stands under the frame rails somewhere near the middle of the vehicle...enough that you get both front tires off the ground and the new suspension at full droop. Then turn the front driveshaft by hand (will probably need to put the tcase in neutral). If it doesn't bind in that situation (full droop) and clears the exhaust, it *should* be fine unless you get a vibration issue when driving.

I wouldn't even mess with all that 29" stuff. The above should tell you everything you need to know.
X2 on this. I actually had to put mine on lift and pick up from the center to get full droop. I picked the front up with a forklift but the measurements didn’t change a lot “hence” picking it up in the center. I went with a Adams front drive shaft very pleased. Service was super fast also.

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
On a JL? What size lift? I maybe a little tight on front passenger, but it seems ok at full droop to where the springs start getting loose.
Yes, JL - mine was a 4.5 " lift, it's 'ok' without removing the sway bar links, but if I take those off, they will snap.. for a 2 - 3.5 maybe it'd be ok..
[

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Your going about this as if.....it has not been done before. Metal Cloak most certainly has a tested and proven design for the lift by now ? So why all the wonder ? Your not the first one to use their lift and a particular tire/wheel combination. I am thinking that perhaps you need to speak with someone else at MetalCloak...someone who is in the "KNOW". They are an established and respected Jeep mod company. They have the answers to most of your concerns. You should be planning your build with their expert advise if your using their lift. IF your planning on winging it on your own with mix matched components...It may work out great...or it may not. But your first discussion about EVERY aspect of your lift build should begin with them. Good luck. paying now...is wiser and cheaper than paying later.
Sponsored