Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I can make a call Monday and see what I can find out from ranger
Wooo! I move to Sunday Monday Tuesday work week soon but it's night shift so that leaves Friday or Saturday since most people tend to work on the weekdays!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I was up in the lake Isabella area yesterday, the Black gulch trail is closed, pretty much everywhere you might want to go in a 4X4 has a locked gate and a road closed sign on it. The whole Kern river valley and Isabella area is pretty much a waste of time unless you want to go to one or two public areas with everyone else and wade through their garbage. Particularly enjoyable is the trash filled squatters camp formerly known as Keyesville, I wouldn't go there unarmed.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Wooo! I move to Sunday Monday Tuesday work week soon but it's night shift so that leaves Friday or Saturday since most people tend to work on the weekdays!
Just spoke with ranger at Mt. Pinos district station. They have 'access' issues on roads leading into the area around Miller Jeep Trail. No word from her when that status may change.

Sponsored

Deleted member 29417

I was in San Bernardino on Friday and did a search on all trails and found Sugarpine mountain trail. My first trail. Some narrow areas but other than that the wrangler handled it like a champ. I recommend it as a beginner trail for anyone.

66E9863A-7A21-45F6-B80C-B84054AF3EE5.jpeg

305FED60-6B91-4FE7-8A53-A3C77F1F44D3.png

35DA2510-2C3B-4FBE-A738-87205D8B8976.jpeg

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sometimes you just need to get out there and do your own thing. Trails are mostly empty but for a few nature abusers and questionable looser types on weekdays. Free of Club runs and weekend warriors. Some trails on weekends end up just like a weekday work commute. Just say’n. I meet some very nice people during week days . Generally senior aged people or county employee's. Seniors like me, as a hobby, end up solo/couple wheel’n and are happy to stop for a quick chat and how’s it going.
Just spoke with ranger at Mt. Pinos district station. They have 'access' issues on roads leading into the area around Miller Jeep Trail. No word from her when that status may change.

Thanks for checking. I did see a road closed sign last time I went by on Lockwood Valley Rd.(returning from our last trip). I figured it was just a seasonal thing. I guess there isn't much money budgeted for 4x4 trails anymore. Local wheel'n is all but locked out and why I'm set up now with a RV as a boondocks support hub. Rocky Mountain states have some excellent remote trails. My setup is small but works and could be a support hub for a small group(like we had) of tent campers. Food for thought. When the high country clears, I'm heading to Colorado. I've only done a couple high mt. pass's over the years and want to do more. Keep in touch if this gives you any ideas. Colorado is just one area, Wyoming and Montana are in my sites. I've been on a few there and they also have others I want to do. One ofmy "Bucket List" things.
IMG_2031.jpg

Rozee.Pozee

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I was in San Bernardino on Friday and did a search on all trails and found Sugarpine mountain trail. My first trail. Some narrow areas but other than that the wrangler handled it like a champ. I recommend it as a beginner trail for anyone.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any meet for beginners? IMG_2031

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Any noobs want to try Gold mountain trail on July 4 weekend? :)

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We're in Ventura County so if anyone ever wants to go anywhere we're typically down. The only issue is we work weekends typically so not a ton of free time. But we love to go anywhere!
I am in Ventura Coiunty too. I can go Wednesday, June 24. I’m off all next week if anyone wants to do anything local

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Any noobs want to try Gold mountain trail on July 4 weekend? :)
id love to... but after the traffic this past weekend. ill pass. took forever getting home fathers day weekend -_- but do post some pictures of gold mountain when you get back. i plan on trying that trail soon as i get my lift installed!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
id love to... but after the traffic this past weekend. ill pass. took forever getting home fathers day weekend -_- but do post some pictures of gold mountain when you get back. i plan on trying that trail soon as i get my lift installed!
Im going there mid week to avoid traffic, and gonna leave early Sunday for the same reason :) Will take pics and make videos.
Sponsored