Sponsored

Looking to buy!!

Razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello everyone!! I am looking at getting a 2018 Sport S Unlimited. My local dealership gave me one to drive for the weekend. They put the Mopar lift on it with 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I love the Jeep but the steering is horrendous!! It wanders all over the place and is quite the workout to keep it going straight down the road lol. I am trying to do as much research as possible before I make a decision.

The vehicle would primarily be a grocery getter for the wife during the week. I would most likely do some off roading at my cabin but no major rock crawling or anything like that. This jeep doesn't have the limited slip rear end. It has the command trac 4 wheel dr. I guess my question is would this Sport S be capable of having some family fun in the bush or is the limited slip a must have? This would be my first Jeep. The only thing holding me back is the wandering steering and if a lift and tires is enough for some wheeling in the bush about 10 times a year? Thank you all and i will continue to research and educate myself about this platform.

Edit: I uploaded the build sheet if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

Attachments

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I think you'd be fine as long as the dealer gets the steering issue fixed.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
With 3.45 gears on the sport s you would be much better off with 33" tires. They are sold with small 32's for fuel economy and handling. Go with standard load or extra load tires in the 33" range at most. The 10 ply tires are very heavy and it will keep you from having your overdrive gears while highway driving. Do your homework the dealer is just out to sell you what is more pleasing to the eye!
Sponsored