Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
would love to hear more about this trail route and see pics of your adventures!
There will be lots of pictures, but it'll be a lot of highway to cover all the miles. The only trail section will be North to South through Death Valley. I'm hoping to be early enough to take my time and get some drone footage. If not it'll be dash cam, cell phone, and a few DSLR shots.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trav87

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome build! Love seeing our customers out overlanding, using our products to their fullest extent. Glad to hear you got it to fit right in the end.
This build wouldn't be possible without you guys! Your JLU brackets are rock solid! I'm glad I was finally able to figure out the Rhino Rack issue.

mchewd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I'm looking to com
The MASS Storage Platform is really nice, but it kind of ties you into their product line to be compatible. I'll at least get their fridge slider since it's comparably priced to other brands, but I might build my own drawer system following the Trailrecon latest build.
The tail gate table works great for the price. It's tricky getting it lined up just right, but with a cardboard template, it's doable. You'll need to finish the cutting board yourself, but a little sanding and a few layers of cutting board oil will get it done.

20190330_190350.jpg
Thanks for your take on the MASS Storage Platform. As I run a soft top, I'm looking to combine the MASS Platform with the Diabolical Slipstream to be able to secure my Overlanding gear when I'm on the trail or in town.

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome build! Looking forward to future updates!

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Nice build. I too installed my Rhino Rack/ Maximus-3 Brackets and I too noticed the REAR sticker was on the FRONT. Luckily I caught it before I started drilling.

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the knocking you encountered on the rear diff, did you buy your jeep with the optional dana 44 rear axle and anti-spin differential or was it the standard axle?

Did the dealer indicate what the root cause of the issue was (over use, excessive loading, manufacturing defect, etc)?

Also, sweet build!

OP
OP
trav87

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the knocking you encountered on the rear diff, did you buy your jeep with the optional dana 44 rear axle and anti-spin differential or was it the standard axle?

Did the dealer indicate what the root cause of the issue was (over use, excessive loading, manufacturing defect, etc)?

Also, sweet build!
Tow package with anti-spin diff. It acted up before I added all the weight. They didn't give me an official reason, and I'm expecting it to fail again since I've added so much weight and everything was replaced with AA parts.

OP
OP
trav87

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've now added a second battery, 12v panel with USB and cigarette outlet, power inverter, and stopped by the gosfr.com retail store. Picked up a ready light....and then the next week proceeded to order a High Country 55 Tri-Layer RTT, copying the Coyoteworks setup from YouTube. Should be picking it up tomorrow since they are local to me.
If you haven't checked out Freespirit Recreation, you should. These guys have tents for every need and season.

20190427_224108.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
trav87

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the Freespirit Recreation RTT this morning. Need to move things around on the rack to get the tent in a better spot tonight, then load up and hit the road in the morning.

20190514_110339.jpg

OP
OP
trav87

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking build, looking forward to seeing more!

What headlights are those?
Inspired Engineering. Picked them up during their black Friday sale on the forum

OP
OP
trav87

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Trav's overlanding sport build {filename}

First night in the new tent. Rough road to traverse at night, but worth it. We camped along the East Fork of the Carson River south of Carson City.

This is what we woke up to. Not special, but this tent kept us so warm I had to unzip the windows a little so I could cool off. Rain and snow mix with a pretty decent wind blowing.

Only picture I managed of the road we went down the night before. I will say the tip-over-o-meter said 23° side lean and 12° downhill angle at the worst spot. The road was so rough my dash cam ended up on the floor

Finally made the Northern Entrance to Death Valley after a few hundred miles of driving into a headwind, severe storm warning in the Sierra Nevada's, and fresh snow. I was stoked to be off the highway and finally off road! :rock:

We stopped to check out the cactus and lizards running around as we descended into the Saline Valley portion of Death Valley, and I spied a JLU in its natural habitat sneaking up on its next camp spot :LOL:

Camp #2 setup at Saline Valley warm springs!

The soaking pools for the lower area are located inside the oasis. You gotta go if you get the chance :like:
Sponsored