Rotopax tailgate mount. No bumper mount

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
I'm looking to mount a rotopax and hilift but don't want a swing tire carrier as I have the rear bumper delete and love the look.
I know I have seen the spare tire rachet strap but looking for something sturdier.
Just cannot find for the life of me.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm looking to mount a rotopax and hilift but don't want a swing tire carrier as I have the rear bumper delete and love the look.
I know I have seen the spare tire rachet strap but looking for something sturdier.

Thanks in advance.
Got this one from @Blu bi Kong. It works well. I don’t know if he is making more.
3BAC8205-5733-461E-96E6-13DD002E487C.jpeg
642F75B4-CF0F-4E9C-BA39-A2CD6454BB18.jpeg

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Very nice! I'm assuming doesn't affect camera view. How much additional weight does the rotopax filled add to those rear hinges?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Thanks in advance.
Have you looked at a hinge replacement tire carrier? ACE’s comes with two Rotopax mounts and they offer a hilift mount. I’m using it with the stock bumper for now, so it would work fine for you.
https://aceengineeringandfab.com/collections/jl-products/products/jl-stand-alone-tire-carrier

Maximus-3 is also working on a similar tire carrier and also state they’ll have Rotopax and hilift options.

1C211E6A-E29E-433A-A585-A027F85DF322.jpeg

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Very nice! I'm assuming doesn't affect camera view. How much additional weight does the rotopax filled add to those rear hinges?
It barely obscures the top edges of the backup camera screen. There lies the rub. I expect it adds about 40lbs when full. It appears that the hinges can except it, but I am careful when opening/closing the tailgate.

DJMattBusch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Thanks in advance.
Emailed Rotopax - tailgate mount for JL about 90 days out

Sponsored

Puffins_00

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2door
I have made 20 more of these. 7 are spoken for and will ship any minute. Waiting for last piece of hardware. Message me if interested.
Vic
How much are you asking for a mount?