STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I just picked up a touch up paint pen last week. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm a little concerned with the depth of these chips, will likely be a multiple applications before I get to the clear coat step.
Should've had it wrapped with PPF. I did my whole front, hinges, and all fenders. They look perfect after 5,000 miles.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have to admit, when using the Jeep builder I was dead set on punkn and I was not a bit thrilled with sting grey. But I waited until my local Jeep dealer started getting in Jeeps and when I saw the punkn:puke:. I really wanted it to be more coppery if you know what I mean.

My other choice was granite, but my husband has that with his JKU. So I nixed that color. But I wanted something that screamed at me lol. I had to drive an hour last summer to even find a sting grey in person. OMG it was love at first sight:involve: I really think we have an awesome color:like:

IMG_20190423_145033403_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I am absolutely loving my new Wrangler in Sting Gray. Got it late last week. My first jeep and its honestly just so much fun and I am really impressed with the general quality of it inside and out. Planning some good camping trips up to WI for starters now the weather is getting better and just ordered some Pro Comp 69 polished and BFG K02 33" tires for it.

Got it with the premium sunrider which is remarkably silent with it up. Only observation is with the top fully "down" the rear view is pretty much gone and you do get a lot of random noise (even with it "locked"). Then I tried it with in the sunrider position and it's just so much better. I'm not even sure what benefit there is to putting it all the way back? Might be missing something.

IMG_1628.jpg

They make some storage bags/covers you can put on it when it's full down, that will keep it tucked down a bit, and reduce noise from it moving in the wind that you mentioned.

J14997?wid=810&hei=608.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
They make some storage bags/covers you can put on it when it's full down, that will keep it tucked down a bit, and reduce noise from it moving in the wind that you mentioned.

J14997?wid=810&hei=608.jpg
They make these for the JL? I haven't seen any yet. Got a link?

Edit: nevermind just saw one from jtops :lipssealed: personally, not my style. Looks too bulky and like a tarp wrapped up. But I see they had a Smoky Mountain Jeep invasion logo, so I'll check them out in person.

Last edited:

hicksx3

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Which fender flares do you have? They look great. Any chance they came painted?
They are Bushwacker. It was all part of "The Deal" I worked with Dave Smith Dealership. I really wanted painted fender flares so we negotiated those. I am happy with them, I did heard they separate from the body over time. I am planning a Death Valley trip next week so that should put them through the test. I had them painted at Dave Smith.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
They make these for the JL? I haven't seen any yet. Got a link?

Edit: nevermind just saw one from jtops :lipssealed: personally, not my style. Looks too bulky and like a tarp wrapped up. But I see they had a Smoky Mountain Jeep invasion logo, so I'll check them out in person.
Ya, I have not started looking yet for the JL, I am just now ordering my JL. I have a JK now. I have the hard top on my JK, but want premium soft top on the JL. Once it arrives, the first thing will be a sunshade, rims, tires, body armor, and then will start looking at top bags.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I have to admit, when using the Jeep builder I was dead set on punkn and I was not a bit thrilled with sting grey. But I waited until my local Jeep dealer started getting in Jeeps and when I saw the punkn:puke:. I really wanted it to be more coppery if you know what I mean.

My other choice was granite, but my husband has that with his JKU. So I nixed that color. But I wanted something that screamed at me lol. I had to drive an hour last summer to even find a sting grey in person. OMG it was love at first sight:involve: I really think we have an awesome color:like:

IMG_20190423_145033403_HDR.jpg
@GreyFox ... Love your Jeep decals! Where did you get the little flag decals for the side vents? I'd love to add these to my 2-door sting grey. Thanks.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL