Jediscout31

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased this one. The plan is to add a water tight electrical connector to the jeeps AUX switch bank 4, and to the smittybilt compressor. Because it'll be much more cool than clipping on alligator clips every time, and I won't have to open the hot engine bay. Additionally, I went with the portable compressor in the end, even though the ARB's look way cooler because I have a Tacoma that I plan on doing the same MOD to. Why buy two $500 compressors that push a fraction of the air the Smittybilt does?
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
It pretty much bolted in but I did make a couple mods. Enlarged a couple mounting bracket holes, added a couple washers and one longer bolt. Only time will tell if this is a good location. Wiring the compressor required as much or more time. Check out this Youtube video for wiring of the switch
ARB Twin Air w/ M.O.R.E bracket for the Jeep JLU - Install & Review

Update: After installation I found a compression fitting leak at the compressor discharge 90 degree elbow supplied with the bracket kit. My bad but I had to remove the compressor just to tighten this fitting. No room. This has me thinking this location is not the best. Also, spoke with an ARB tech. He said he would not recommend this under hood location. Next time it comes out, I'll get a M.O.R.E. ARB bracket and relocate this unit.
The more location Is a real pain to work on also. No room to thread bolts in and out.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The more location Is a real pain to work on also. No room to thread bolts in and out.
What are you comparing the M.O.R.E. mounting location to, can't possibly be Jim Clark's under the hood location. That was just nuts. I R&R'd the ARB there 3 times, horrible. Deal breaker was when I had two ARB tech's look ed at it, for my leak,while I was in Moab at E.J.S. , they both said why there? Much better locations for installations, the units longevity and future service. I now agree. Wish Jim Clark would give me a refund, but no. He said he's not a business and doing the community a service. Diss-service in my experience. Live and learn. Comparing the two, the M.O.R.E. bracket was a breeze to install. A great spot for it also.
ARB compressor.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: J0E

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What are you comparing the M.O.R.E. mounting location to, can't possibly be Jim Clark's under the hood location. That was just nuts. I R&R'd the ARB there 3 times, horrible. Deal breaker was when I had two ARB tech's look ed at it, for my leak,while I was in Moab at E.J.S. , they both said why there? Much better locations for installations, the units longevity and future service. I now agree. Wish Jim Clark would give me a refund, but no. He said he's not a business and doing the community a service. Diss-service in my experience. Live and learn. Comparing the two, the M.O.R.E. bracket was a breeze to install. A great spot for it also.
ARB compressor.jpg
How does this work with a they or diabolical security box. My guess is it won't work

Sponsored

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do I dare ask, What ? From a troll post.
Not a troll post. I was asking because it looks like the security system has flaps all the way to the side. So, wondering if this mount can be adapted to fit over that somehow

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Not a troll post. I was asking because it looks like the security system has flaps all the way to the side. So, wondering if this mount can be adapted to fit over that somehow
I understand what your asking. I have the diabolical slipstream but not the compressor. However from what I can see this mount would not be compatible with the slipstream. The box covers the are the mount is connected to. You could surface mount it to the slipstream but someone else with experience would have to answer that.

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, Now I understand kinda, you are seeing something that isn’t there my friend. There is no security system or key. All you see in the photo is a ARB twin compressor in the M.O.R.E. location. I guess you’ve never seen a ARB twin before, no worries.
The question is "if it were there." That's OK, my friend. I'm planning on installing multiple things and integration questions are relevant for me.

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I understand what your asking. I have the diabolical slipstream but not the compressor. However from what I can see this mount would not be compatible with the slipstream. The box covers the are the mount is connected to. You could surface mount it to the slipstream but someone else with experience would have to answer that.
Thanks. That's helpful!

Helajames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
upload_2019-5-31_15-6-56.jpeg

my setup, works really well and is a great place for it due to my trunk having stuff in it and limiting access to this area, have an outlet on both bumpers and the up down air kit installed with it.

upload_2019-5-31_15-9-24.jpeg

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you only air down or use the compressor twice a year, is there any reason to do onboard? Is the Smittybuilt portable (or similar) just the way to go?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
If you only air down or use the compressor twice a year, is there any reason to do onboard? Is the Smittybuilt portable (or similar) just the way to go?
All comes down to preference on if you want an installed system versus a portable system. Both have advantages and disadvantages so you need to figure out what will work best for your needs.

I've gone both ways having used portable systems as well as having an installed system. When I first started wheeling I had a basic cheap Slime compressor that got the job done, albeit slowly. A few years later I moved up to a CO2 system. It was light years better than the slime, though took up more real estate in the back of the Jeep and you've only got a finite amount of air to work with. When I decided to go full tilt on building my last JK, I opted for an installed system, a single Arb under the hood. While the system was nice because it was always there and tucked away under the hood, the down side was because it was mounted directly over the exhaust manifold and would go into thermal after a little bit of usage after a long day of wheeling. When I was pondering an OBA system for my wife's Ram, I was thinking of doing a single Arb again, however I couldn't find any companies that made brackets to mount a compressor in an area that was not underneath the truck (I live in Chicago and winters destroy everything). I ultimately ended up a portable Arb dual system. Of any of my portable air systems it's my favorite. I can air up tires quickly not to mention running an impact gun off with it if so needed.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I have a VIAR with 2 gallon tank system but I'm honestly finding that I really dont like any of my options for mounting the tank, plus pump, etc. I may sell it and try to use the money towards one of the ARB systems like here on Morris4x4
Sponsored