Sponsored

Straps in Sunrider Position - Anyone Use them?

OP
OP
jz19

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
Anyone have a picture of these straps?

I fear I lost them or usehd them to tie something down. Hell maybe they are in the packaging I tossed,

Glad I didn’t know they exist or need them yet,

My advice is unless you are like chuck Norris I would not open the sunrider while driving,
Lol definitely don’t open it while driving. But if that’s as far as you want/can open it on a given day, just wondering if it needs the extra security. I rented a ‘19 Sport on a biz trip a few weeks before mine came in and didn’t use them in Sunrider, but now I’m wondering how safe that was given the direction in the video I watched from Jeep...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone have a picture of these straps?

I fear I lost them or usehd them to tie something down. Hell maybe they are in the packaging I tossed,

Glad I didn’t know they exist or need them yet,

My advice is unless you are like chuck Norris I would not open the sunrider while driving,
They look like this:

SunriderStraps.jpg

Kona Damien

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon and ‘13 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t use them. They sit in my center console for other potential uses. I have been thinking about running them through the slots on the rear gate as another tie down point. I use the flip on locks when the top is all the way down. The top will bounce up and down without them on bumps, potholes, etc.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
O you mean these things that I've never opened? Lol nope. I get lots of wind here in flat Ohio farm country and (so far) have never had any issues. But I'll carry them in the cargo bin just in case :like:

IMG_20190508_063806044.jpg

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Those look like the ones, but also the other useless ones to roll up the rear window... That you can't roll up and keep side windows in anymore. (Ones with buttons)

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Seems kind of silly not to take the extra what....20 seconds....to put them on. Maybe don't need them but have you priced a replacement Mopar soft top lately? How can it hurt.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't use them initially in sunrider mode but have since changed. It might help with some minimal bouncing. I've driven 75mph with 20+mph cross winds without issue but I decided with my luck, some odd wind might cause damage some day. It only takes a few seconds to install. If I'm just driving short trips in town and plan to have the top back up due to rain later, then I don't use them.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@jz19

Thanks for your post. I hadn't considered how straps might spice things up when my wife and I are "getting busy" in the JL with the top half down. : - )

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Have had sunrider tops since 2008 and have never strapped it open. One time in 11 years I had a tailwind when coming to a stop that made the top rise up a little and then it went right back down, this was on a 2010 JKU.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Not useless, I put mine on the backseat seatbelts to stop them from buzzing with the top down.
True, but they’re a little short for that so fastening and unfastening them takes more patience than I have. I opted, instead, for red Velcro to match my Rubicon accents.

E1EBFCAD-5537-4A90-87AE-ADA29CFD2C4E.jpeg

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know! I'm SO excited to be a part of this AMAZING community, and even moreso to officially be a Jeeper! This forum has offered immeasurable help in my purchase planning/initial ownership journey. Just hope you guys don't mind all the newbie questions!

This is my first Wrangler, which I bought in honor of my late brother, who died unexpectedly at 40 years old a couple of month ago. He had an 80's Wrangler in the 90's, and he LOVED that thing (as did I!).
Very cool! We are happy to welcome another member to our community!

As you’ve mentioned, there is a tremendous amount of information here already.

That being said, this is a new model (The JL/JLU) so, there is still a lot of information to be gathered to make our lives easier.

If you run across something new or a part number (P/N) please share along your journey as well, as that’s what keeps this communities knowledge base going/growing.

You’ll see some folks on here arguing here and there and I’m guilty of it to at times but it’s all good as we all know that we are family. At the end of the day, we would ALL help each other out in a pinch and that’s what counts! In a lot of ways you’ve joined a brother/sisterhood (aka family).

Sorry to hear about your brother, but it sounds like he’s smiling right now!

OP
OP
jz19

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
@jz19

Thanks for your post. I hadn't considered how straps might spice things up when my wife and I are "getting busy" in the JL with the top half down. : - )
:giggle:

OP
OP
jz19

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
Very cool! We are happy to welcome another member to our community!

As you’ve mentioned, there is a tremendous amount of information here already.

That being said, this is a new model (The JL/JLU) so, there is still a lot of information to be gathered to make our lives easier.

If you run across something new or a part number (P/N) please share along your journey as well, as that’s what keeps this communities knowledge base going/growing.

You’ll see some folks on here arguing here and there and I’m guilty of it to at times but it’s all good as we all know that we are family. At the end of the day, we would ALL help each other out in a pinch and that’s what counts! In a lot of ways you’ve joined a brother/sisterhood (aka family).

Sorry to hear about your brother, but it sounds like he’s smiling right now!

Thank you for such a wonderful welcome! I will certainly share info as I find it and look forward to learning more from you all! Cheers. ;)
Sponsored