Sponsored

Straps in Sunrider Position - Anyone Use them?

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
Hello everyone! Quick newbie question. I just got my JLU on Friday, and I was watching the videos. The one for the top operation says to use the included velcro straps to secure the top in Sunrider position. Is that necessary? Is there really any possibility of the top popping up/slamming down at highway speeds if you don't? Just curious if I need to secure it in that position....

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone! Quick newbie question. I just got my JLU on Friday, and I was watching the videos. The one for the top operation says to use the included velcro straps to secure the top in Sunrider position. Is that necessary? Is there really any possibility of the top popping up/slamming down at highway speeds if you don't? Just curious if I need to secure it in that position....

Thanks in advance!
I do just for piece of mind to stop it from bouncing. Dunno if it really helps, but i have them so why not

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Thanks in advance!
Where I live it's ALWAYS windy, just a matter of how windy. I've never used straps and have driven 70+ with 50+ wind gusts and it didn't do much to the top, knocked my hat off a few times though! Not necessarily saying it's not a good idea to use them, but I don't feel the need to.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Thanks in advance!
No

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The 18’s didn’t even come with the straps, well at least mine didn’t and I’m perfectly fine, albeit I prefer Safari Mode though :)

Welcome to the forum!
My ‘18 came with them. Useless.

OP
OP
jz19

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
I do. We get a lot of crazy wind down here in Arizona; it even pops up with no warning. Last thing I need is the soft top being ripped off.
Oh wow - good to know! I was thinking of running in Sunrider position when there was the potential for rain so I'd have a quicker pull over/flip top on, but the straps add time to that equation. Good to know wind really does affect it!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jz19

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
The 18’s didn’t even come with the straps, well at least mine didn’t and I’m perfectly fine, albeit I prefer Safari Mode though :)

Welcome to the forum!
Good to know! I'm SO excited to be a part of this AMAZING community, and even moreso to officially be a Jeeper! This forum has offered immeasurable help in my purchase planning/initial ownership journey. Just hope you guys don't mind all the newbie questions!

This is my first Wrangler, which I bought in honor of my late brother, who died unexpectedly at 40 years old a couple of month ago. He had an 80's Wrangler in the 90's, and he LOVED that thing (as did I!).

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Good to know! I'm SO excited to be a part of this AMAZING community, and even moreso to officially be a Jeeper! This forum has offered immeasurable help in my purchase planning/initial ownership journey. Just hope you guys don't mind all the newbie questions!

This is my first Wrangler, which I bought in honor of my late brother, who died unexpectedly at 40 years old a couple of month ago. He had an 80's Wrangler in the 90's, and he LOVED that thing (as did I!).
Sorry for your loss :( but he did have good taste, and very beautiful that you're living on his legacy. :like::jk::captain:

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Anyone have a picture of these straps?

I fear I lost them or usehd them to tie something down. Hell maybe they are in the packaging I tossed,

Glad I didn’t know they exist or need them yet,

My advice is unless you are like chuck Norris I would not open the sunrider while driving,