Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My son and I went to an off road park in Michigan today, Bundy Hill. Thought I would share a couple pictures. Although I tried to avoid any major mud, it still took me a couple hours to get all the off. Lol If was a great day and the Rubicon did great.

B7BD141F-E381-4B83-B98A-D6AAAFE018DF.jpeg

A562079E-B88F-4F77-BB01-752CD9BB792F.jpeg

96DE45CF-F4D4-44F2-A3C2-206DF303D1AA.jpeg

36A182DC-AAA3-406F-8B72-70A34ECB0097.jpeg

39AA260A-C531-4E48-B5E2-6883278F6CFC.jpeg

E2373016-EF30-4043-A017-C39046BCB3D6.jpeg
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The mud dries like concrete. If you go there, immediately wash your vehicle when you're done. I will run my ATVs there,but not the SxS or the Jeep.

OP
OP
Trav.city

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The mud dries like concrete. If you go there, immediately wash your vehicle when you're done. I will run my ATVs there,but not the SxS or the Jeep.
Lol, concrete is a great way to describe it. I found that out today. Yeah first thing I did was hit the heavy stuff off at a car wash, then came home and finished it off. I definitely enjoy the after math of the sand dunes better.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
The mud in the open areas out there isn’t really mud, it’s silt. Very very fine crushed stone. It eats seals, and dries like concrete. It also has a tendency to solidify on the surface, but hold liquid water a foot under the surface. We had a bronco on 37’s drive on top, and noticed the ground was rolling around like a waterbed. It eventually fell through up to the doors. We had 4 Jeeps in a daisy chain pulling on it and still couldn’t get it out. The tires were in liquid water, but the axles and frame were in clay dense silt. IIRC they had to dig it out. The wooded trails are just normal dirt.

It does have something for everyone though, from total noobs to full exocage enthusiasts.

Here’s a couple videos I put together a number of years ago showing a variety of what they have to offer.

6 minute long version:

Shows actual trail riding.
(Someone says the F word in this one, so don’t blast the sound at work...the music is lame anyway)

A 2 minute version from a different trip:

More of a slide show, but you do get to see an XJ absolutely destroy itself at the end.

Great park, great owners, and well kept. It does get busy at times now though. Dune flags are mandatory, and they offer recovery services if you get stuck, including heavy equipment (for a charge).

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It is a great place to go. There is a challenge for everyone. Just the clean up is not worth it to me. I have seen some trucks stuck there with five vehicles pulling to get them out. They also have events there at times. I usually try and catch the obstacle races.

OP
OP
Trav.city

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The mud in the open areas out there isn’t really mud, it’s silt. Very very fine crushed stone. It eats seals, and dries like concrete. It also has a tendency to solidify on the surface, but hold liquid water a foot under the surface. We had a bronco on 37’s drive on top, and noticed the ground was rolling around like a waterbed. It eventually fell through up to the doors. We had 4 Jeeps in a daisy chain pulling on it and still couldn’t get it out. The tires were in liquid water, but the axles and frame were in clay dense silt. IIRC they had to dig it out. The wooded trails are just normal dirt.

It does have something for everyone though, from total noobs to full exocage enthusiasts.

Here’s a couple videos I put together a number of years ago showing a variety of what they have to offer.

6 minute long version:

Shows actual trail riding.
(Someone says the F word in this one, so don’t blast the sound at work...the music is lame anyway)

A 2 minute version from a different trip:

More of a slide show, but you do get to see an XJ absolutely destroy itself at the end.

Great park, great owners, and well kept. It does get busy at times now though. Dune flags are mandatory, and they offer recovery services if you get stuck, including heavy equipment (for a charge).
Cool videos, thanks for sharing. I did have a go pro going so if I have any cool shots I will make a short video myself. It is a great park for being only an hour away. Let it dry out for a week and you should be able to avoid all of the open area mud. Thanks for the tip o. The quick sand/mud. Lol
Sponsored