Sponsored

What new features would you like to see on the 2020 JL?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
A toaster in the center console, so I can eat some friggin toast whenever I want.

Joking aside lol

D44s and lockers available for all trims
full time 4x4 available for all trims
LEDS, all trims
Full Steersmart YETI XD kit to replace the parts they got from the noodle factory.
Adjustable control arms, since you couldn't get castor right even on some sports.
Steering stabilizer meant to move 33" tires.

And they should all come with a Tazer

Rain sensing wipers, because I just can't be bothered to turn on my wipers anymore...always happens when I am picking my nose...ahh damn rain, damnit, now there is a booger on my wiper handle.

Maybe a cute Jeep chick friend to ride with you and she can spread things on my toast, or make me toasted sammiches, in my center console toaster<---joke,
I can agree with some of this. Having an optional locking rear diff (so as to not make the Rubicon obsolete) would make a lot of sense for the other trim levels.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, thanks!
I've also heard that it won't autostop if its on MAX AC. I haven't tested this since I never have it on full blast because it gets too cold...

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The JK had this feature, it didn't carry forward into the JL ??!
My TJ has this too, but not the JL. If it stalls in 4-lo you have something like 30 seconds where you can start it in gear, but not otherwise. So if you need to start on a steep hill or want to bump start over a rock, we’re SOL for now.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
D44s and lockers available for all trims
So then what would be the point of the Rubicon?

I really don't think there will be a drastic change between the 2018/19 and the 2020 aside from powertrain and the BSG availability on the 3.6.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My TJ has this too, but not the JL. If it stalls in 4-lo you have something like 30 seconds where you can start it in gear, but not otherwise. So if you need to start on a steep hill or want to bump start over a rock, we’re SOL for now.
Tazer to the rescue ? That start in 2nd gear, low range, is vital in water fording, mud...

Last edited:

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The best option would be to either remove the ESS or instead of turning it off every time, make it an option to turn the system on. #ESSHATE

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
Turn cam standard (like the wife's fancy Honda), lane keep assist included with ACC, mirrors not attached to the doors

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
1. LANE KEEP ASSIST!
Especially with the wandering steering. They have the cameras. Make it happen.
2. Around View Monitor.
Put a trail cam on front then you just need them on the mirrors. Would be great for off-roading. Simple connector on the door would allow it to connect.
3. Agree with everyone on the rain sensing wipers.
4. Power seats. You absolutely can make these doable with water resistance.
5. Full stop and go on the cruise.
6. Autodim for all mirrors.

Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer to the rescue ? That start in 2nd gear, low range, is vital in water cording, mud...
I’m hoping Tazer is a possibility. I may reach out to Tazer and ask if they’re looking into this. I like the brake hold I get with Tazer, but starting in gear would be even better.

Stretcher

Seems like the item I see popping up the most is rain sensing wipers. It's a no-brainer these days unless you buy a base Kia Rio, so the Wrangler should for sure have it by 2020. Or maybe by 2025...

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know when ordering will start for the 2020? When do they generally announce their changes for the model year?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I've always wonder why so many people want or have to have power seats. I've had plenty of vehicles with power seats and plenty without. But are ya'll really moving your seats THAT much that you have to have power seats? I understand the benefits of the memory recall seating if you aren't the only one driving your vehicle regularly, but is it that much to actually move your seats manually? My company truck is my office and I move the seat no less than 2 dozen times a day and I've never once thought I wished I had power seats.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A lot of the "wishes" , rain sensing wipers, power seats, cooled/heated, auto this and that, are going to give an unwelcome boost to pricing, as well as introduce more issues to a supposedly off road vehicle. I suppose one loaded like a Sahara could meet the "wants" , but please don't
"disappear " my basic, capable Sport under an avalanche of increased costs, both to buy, maintain, and Insure. That last one, insurance, will be a shock as all these expensive options are very costly to repair. When the Income Bubble breaks, it will be raining expensive, no longer affordable SUVs, Jeeps, trucks.
Sponsored