Raihan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLU 2018, Renegade 2017
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Hi All,
Like many of you, I'm itching to hit the trails soon with the doors off. The trails closest to me are about 2.5 hours away. The majority of the way will be on the highway.

I'd greatly appreciate your insights/recommendations on a solid pair of side view mirrors, that not only complies with the law, but can also withstand the wind forces, at highways speeds, with minimal shaking and/or shifting.

Thanks!
Sponsored

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
My Mojito JLUR is on order, and my 01 TJ is being driven away by another tomorrow. I bought long stem Harley Davidson mirrors that tighten into the body hinges when the doors of the TJ were off. I plan on using the same with the JLUR as well. They are perfect. Small and stay in place at highway speeds.

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
My Mojito JLUR is on order, and my 01 TJ is being driven away by another tomorrow. I bought long stem Harley Davidson mirrors that tighten into the body hinges when the doors of the TJ were off. I plan on using the same with the JLUR as well. They are perfect. Small and stay in place at highway speeds.
Do you use any rubber or nylon washers on your HD mirrors to protect the door hinge paint from the metal washers/nut?

I bought these https://www.amazon.com/KEMIMOTO-Mot...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y7Q2RG995C0NJ7EGQQHT but I used a nylon washer between the metal washer and door hinge. It worked fine until a semi passed at 55mph, but then the nylon washer against the hinge rotated. Thinking of trying rubber washers.

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
No rubber washers on the TJ (hinge pant was rough when I got it), but will get something to protect the paint on the new ride.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have the CMM mirrors. They are probably the most expensive. But they have the best fit and finish. They look like stock - no movement at all. The field of view is a little different but I think I have them dialed in now. Also comes with a RAM mount which I hope to use for a GoPro in the future. Very happy with them.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
I installed Lange units, about $100, about 10 months ago and love them... no shaking at all and quick on and off.

Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Went with cmm also and custom painted them. They are by far the best looking option for doorless mirrors

E8F4ADE1-DECE-4646-BC4B-C70BD809A99E.jpeg
Sponsored