STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Picked up my first Jeep today! Joined the jeep and Sting Gray club! 2019 Rubicon. I am absolutely in love with the color! Very glad i went with body color fenders and the black hard top, i think it gives it a neat break in the colors! Already bought a winch for it, just waiting on the plate to arrive so I can install it!
IMG_8876.jpeg
IMG_8878.jpeg
IMG_8877.jpeg

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep, amazing wheels, they are mopar, do you need spacer wheels
thanks, no problem with clearances as is. Bolt them up and go

Sponsored

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
I am absolutely loving my new Wrangler in Sting Gray. Got it late last week. My first jeep and its honestly just so much fun and I am really impressed with the general quality of it inside and out. Planning some good camping trips up to WI for starters now the weather is getting better and just ordered some Pro Comp 69 polished and BFG K02 33" tires for it.

Got it with the premium sunrider which is remarkably silent with it up. Only observation is with the top fully "down" the rear view is pretty much gone and you do get a lot of random noise (even with it "locked"). Then I tried it with in the sunrider position and it's just so much better. I'm not even sure what benefit there is to putting it all the way back? Might be missing something.

IMG_1628.jpg

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
@tkelly11 Congrats on the Sting Gray 2 dr!! :like:. What a new open top position you have there, Sun-fari? :CWL:.

I almost said to myself, why didn' the just pull the latch and have it all the way down, but then I read the rest of your post :) It looks incomplete to me though! :jk:

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Got it with the premium sunrider which is remarkably silent with it up. Only observation is with the top fully "down" the rear view is pretty much gone and you do get a lot of random noise (even with it "locked"). Then I tried it with in the sunrider position and it's just so much better. I'm not even sure what benefit there is to putting it all the way back? Might be missing something.
The sunder has become so much better (than previous versions on the JK), there's not a huge benefit of having it all the way down other than giving your rear passengers even more open air feel. If you don't need your top at all, it's two T40 bolts on each side of the brackets... undo those and release the roller from the door surround and top is easily freed... total open air, no rearward obstructions.

trbizwiz

First Name
TOm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
It's Katzkin through the Mopar dealership. I would definitely speak to your dealer since they can do those combinations.

As far as the color goes, I personally hate 2 tone seats, but again everyone has their own preferences.
does the Katzkin red match the red dash, and Jeep logo on the all weather floor mats?
Im thinking about ordering the Katzkin red leather for my Sport S, and Im thinking about doing the dash mod.

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
The sunder has become so much better (than previous versions on the JK), there's not a huge benefit of having it all the way down other than giving your rear passengers even more open air feel. If you don't need your top at all, it's two T40 bolts on each side of the brackets... undo those and release the roller from the door surround and top is easily freed... total open air, no rearward obstructions.
Ah ok, thank you that makes sense. I was really impressed with it like that, solid bit of engineering. And yes, would love to take the top fully off at some point but living in the Midwest (Chicago) we are not having the most consistent weather! So may have to wait until the proper summer months. So happy with it though, love it so much more than I even thought I would.

Sponsored

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Ah ok, thank you that makes sense. I was really impressed with it like that, solid bit of engineering. And yes, would love to take the top fully off at some point but living in the Midwest (Chicago) we are not having the most consistent weather! So may have to wait until the proper summer months. So happy with it though, love it so much more than I even thought I would.
Same boat... Ohio. You’ll get a stretch during the summer where there’re be no rain for weeks... that is when I pop it off and slap on the (Alien) sunshade. Enjoy you rig...

atxrickyricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
C717E451-AED0-4A91-A96C-FAA5D91AED42.jpeg
I picked up my Sting-Gray Rubicon back in April so I’m a little late to the party here! I need to get em durty though and take better photos. :)
Sponsored