MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
New Warn low bar and light bar installed.

70004E40-E3A8-4FF5-BBC6-CC83A86FB28C.jpeg

8D6A1015-34CD-45D4-93B4-428624D55ABC.jpeg

That set up looks REALLY AWESOME.....is that the Mopar bar? or a different one?
Thanks, JESM.

Sponsored

rhodeking

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab JL
You can't go by invoice prices, invoice prices are an artificial thing put in the minds of consumers to make you feel like you got a good deal. High volume Jeep Dealers cost for a vehicle can be way below MSRP and invoice numbers based on the volume incentive they get from FCA. I paid $10K below MSRP for my 2018 Moab, the same dealer in my area has 2019 Moabs on the lot with internet prices $7K - $8K below MSRP
Virginia is the place to go.. I got my MOAB there as well for about 10K off MSRP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab; 2019 Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription; 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Hi guys! Would you guys mind backing me up in my thinking or providing alternative thoughts? Thought this was as good of a place as any cause I feel like I'm not a real Jeeper with a Moab ;-)

The JL is our third car, our fun car, and my work/ranch car. I will not be off roading, but will be driving on some poorly maintained gravel roads when driving on the ranch, but otherwise will be all on road, paved roads. In my past JK I did a Teraflex leveling lift and 285/70 KO2s and loved the look. This time around I am thinking of going the same size (285/70/17) but in a slightly more forgiving all Terrain like the Continental TerrainContact. This tire is less than an inch taller than the 255/75s that come with the Moab.

I feel like a small leveling lift might be in order, but I really don't want the Jeep to be much higher as I put kids in and out and I"m not as young as I used to be and it's already a bit of a jump in there for me.

Some of my concerns/thoughts:
- are the 285/70s gonna be big enough visually?
- even if they are, will I then want a leveling lift visually?
- will I regret not going 315s? (are the 315s in the JL the equivalent of the 285 upgrade in the JK? I will need spacers with the 315s in my understanding.

As of now, I'm just thinking of going with the TerrainContact 285s and calling it good.

I would appreciate any input you may have. Wanting to get the tire thing done fairly soon as I have a lot of ranch trips over the summer (4 hour one way drive ... 3:15 on paved roads).

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Hi guys! Would you guys mind backing me up in my thinking or providing alternative thoughts? Thought this was as good of a place as any cause I feel like I'm not a real Jeeper with a Moab ;-)

I had my dealer install the BFG 285/70R17 KO2's on my Moab and they look great and IMO no lift is needed, especially considering that I'm 5'6" and 65+.

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini

The JL is our third car, our fun car, and my work/ranch car. I will not be off roading, but will be driving on some poorly maintained gravel roads when driving on the ranch, but otherwise will be all on road, paved roads. In my past JK I did a Teraflex leveling lift and 285/70 KO2s and loved the look. This time around I am thinking of going the same size (285/70/17) but in a slightly more forgiving all Terrain like the Continental TerrainContact. This tire is less than an inch taller than the 255/75s that come with the Moab.

I feel like a small leveling lift might be in order, but I really don't want the Jeep to be much higher as I put kids in and out and I"m not as young as I used to be and it's already a bit of a jump in there for me.

- will I regret not going 315s? (are the 315s in the JL the equivalent of the 285 upgrade in the JK? I will need spacers with the 315s in my understanding.

As of now, I'm just thinking of going with the TerrainContact 285s and calling it good.

I would appreciate any input you may have. Wanting to get the tire thing done fairly soon as I have a lot of ranch trips over the summer (4 hour one way drive ... 3:15 on paved roads).
I think you can get 285/75 tires that won’t rub. They are an inch taller than stock. I’m going to get those in KO2s once the mud tires wear out. I think 315s can rub on full turn due to the extra width. Need spacers for wider tires.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Contemplating kinda the same... I'm thinking either 285's with no lift or 315's w/ spacers and Mopar 2" lift. I've read a lot about both setups and seen plenty of pictures, I like both. Just a matter of how big I wanna go (and of course how much I wanna spend). I'm not good with decisions...:(

BilletMoab

First Name
Solin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
Question. I aired down earlier to take my Moab on the sand and when I got home, I received an email that my tires were low. Lol. Is there a way to tell the Jeep that you’re in off road mode?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab; 2019 Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription; 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Contemplating kinda the same... I'm thinking either 285's with no lift or 315's w/ spacers and Mopar 2" lift. I've read a lot about both setups and seen plenty of pictures, I like both. Just a matter of how big I wanna go (and of course how much I wanna spend). I'm not good with decisions...:(
I am feeling bad with decisions right now as well!

I think I am just going to go small upgrade and do the slightly bigger tires (285/70s). I saw a lifted JL (2") on 35s yesterday in person at a restaurant and just looked like a little too much for my uses. That was at least my initial impression.

Thanks for chiming in ... nice to know others are in the same boat!
Sponsored