Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Figured I'd post up some pics of mine with the doors off as well. I am liking the look and the convenience is outstanding. Not having the rear window out bothers me but the benefit of being able to have the top back in 20 seconds outweighs that for me.

20190406_151205 (002).jpg

20190421_150905 (002).jpg

20190421_150759 (002).jpg
Looks fantastic! I keep hoping someone will come up with a quick disconnect on the rear window. Right now it is 8 bolts and 2 wires that are not really designed for removal.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Has anyone tried just leaving it open?
A seems like a sudden change in wind might drive the rear window onto the spare tire.

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
A seems like a sudden change in wind might drive the rear window onto the spare tire.
I wonder if the constant road vibration might be detrimental to the struts that support the back window.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Went to pick up my new build today. Passenger side roof has this bolt like object poking upward ( left side of pic) ....also the dips to the right look weird. Driver side looked smooth all the way across
....Also back passenger side was leaking from rear corner of sky one into the trunk area ....ugh. Needless to say I didn’t bring her home. Let’s just say it had a ton of cosmetic damage all over the interior. Just kinda depressed after waiting patiently for her build.

BC68F1D9-08B5-4402-84BF-C7E6147E44F3.jpeg

E90EB57A-71C6-44E3-ACFE-AB29850AC5C7.jpeg

Sponsored

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to pick up my new build today. Passenger side roof has this bolt like object poking upward ( left side of pic) ....also the dips to the left look weird.....Also back passenger side was leaking from rear corner of sky one into the trunk area ....ugh. Needless to say I didn’t bring her home. Let’s just say it had a ton of cosmetic damage all over the interior.

Good move, my roof does not look like that. You should not see the bolt, the top should be smooth, and I've had zero leaks in my roof. Likely the roof was misaligned when originally installed.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good move, my roof does not look like that. The bolt should not look like that, and I've had zero leaks in my roof. Likely the roof was misaligned when originally installed.
I was crushed emotionally. I ordered back in September...that dealer lied to me for 3 months and never did order. I finally found a super nice dealer from this Forum and he hooked me up. But after selling my beautiful jk last week which kinda hurt. This kinda pushed me over the edge. Manager saw I was a bit emotional and said he will do his best to order me a new one tomorrow. Problem is the Mojito option for sky one was not available. So he’s gonna make a call. But I went from adrenaline filled excitement when I heard it was delivered...ran and got loan check. Drove 1hr 30 min and brought my JL forum checklist. And am just emotionally drained. Even my wife was upset for me
Ugh! So bummed. What else was weird it had deep scratches in the rear door jam...the steering wheel was oddly warped and there were interior gouges and scratches on the interior plastics everywhere. This was all do from factory since dealer did only PDI. And left everything mostly still wrapped up.

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was crushed emotionally. I ordered back in September...that dealer lied to me for 3 months and never did order. I finally found a super nice dealer from this Forum and he hooked me up. But after selling my beautiful jk last week which kinda hurt. This kinda pushed me over the edge. Manager saw I was a bit emotional and said he will do his best to order me a new one tomorrow. Problem is the Mojito option for sky one was not available. So he’s gonna make a call. But I went from adrenaline filled excitement when I heard it was delivered...ran and got loan check. Drove 1hr 30 min and brought my JL forum checklist. And am just emotionally drained. Even my wife was upset for me
Ugh! So bummed. What else was weird it had deep scratches in the rear door jam...the steering wheel was oddly warped and there were interior gouges and scratches on the interior plastics everywhere. This was all do from factory since dealer did only PDI. And left everything mostly still wrapped up.
I feel your pain, that really blows. I hope the dealer can get you a new one soon.

FadedLineVigil

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2017 Chevy Silverado HC
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Looks fantastic! I keep hoping someone will come up with a quick disconnect on the rear window. Right now it is 8 bolts and 2 wires that are not really designed for removal.
I think the aftermarket will figure something out. Where there is demand there will be supply and it seems everyone with the One Touch would want that. Fingers crossed.

FadedLineVigil

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2017 Chevy Silverado HC
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Went to pick up my new build today. Passenger side roof has this bolt like object poking upward ( left side of pic) ....also the dips to the right look weird. Driver side looked smooth all the way across
....Also back passenger side was leaking from rear corner of sky one into the trunk area ....ugh. Needless to say I didn’t bring her home. Let’s just say it had a ton of cosmetic damage all over the interior. Just kinda depressed after waiting patiently for her build.

Nope, not supposed to look like that at all. I'd be super frustrated and annoyed too after waiting for a custom build. I'm sure they'll get it remedied though. Still sucks, sorry man.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
If any of the fellow sky top owners are interested here are the part numbers for the back tailgate headliner

CE5C42BD-9C79-4997-9887-8C23C7941275.jpeg

BCB113EE-7DA1-4EBE-81E4-C02DE47F7347.jpeg

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If any of the fellow sky top owners are interested here are the part numbers for the back tailgate headliner

CE5C42BD-9C79-4997-9887-8C23C7941275.jpeg

BCB113EE-7DA1-4EBE-81E4-C02DE47F7347.jpeg
Hey all these parts either had scratches and even large deep gashes in them when I went to get my custom build yesterday. Sadly it was leaking “a lot” as well as the top having weird dips up and down on the whole passenger side. It also had a weird bolt peicing upwards pushing into fabric up...ugh!
Thanks for this info though.

I assume yours was scratched that you needed new plastics

Last edited:

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I can add after taking her for a test drive.

As far as rain noise it. It fricken poured on us! It was loud but the same as you would hear in any convertible, in the lighter rain is was still noisy but muffled.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, not supposed to look like that at all. I'd be super frustrated and annoyed too after waiting for a custom build. I'm sure they'll get it remedied though. Still sucks, sorry man.

Thanks...I been looking for more roof pics online but I always remember such a smooth top on ones I seen on local lots.
Wife just said last night...it has to be a MOJITO Rubicon with Sky one or nothing!. She just loves the combo. And we just sold both our Wranglers so it’s a heartbreaking week.
Sponsored