Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Hello fellow Wrangler owners, my name is Steve. I've been interested in getting a wrangler since January 2018 when a JK Willy's in granite caught my eye. After a little over a year of saving, paying off dumb debt and researching, I was able to find a really good deal and picked up my JLU Sport S this past Tuesday (April 23rd, 2019). I love it and can't stop looking out my windows to see her sitting in the drive way. Even the girlfriend says wow that thing looks good in the driveway.
Congrats! I'm the same way about looking out the window!
Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Hello group, I'm Javelina from Arizona. My Wife and I just picked up a 2019 Moab (Sting-Gray). This is our second Jeep. We currently own a 2006 TJ soft top. We've been wanting a Wrangler Unlimited, and we're very happy with the new addition!

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
Thought I was looking for a truck... I needed to be up higher off the ground because of both the oncoming headlights and tail-gaters blinding me. I've had a 4x4 truck before and I loved it, but just could not afford to the overall costs. So, other than the seat height I have been enjoying a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour.

We were just looking - seriously! Cruising the dealer lots of Ford, Chevy, CDJR on Sundays (in cold weather they are all closed) - it is amazing how many vehicles (especially used) are unlocked - which allowed us to try out the seating position. My back has issues, so that was always the first issue to try out, and a lot of vehicles were eliminated simply by sitting in them. And I was avoiding Wranglers because all the ones I had been in (many years ago) rode too rough.

Fast forward to several months later in March. This Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JLU with only 6900 miles on it caught my wife's eye, and despite my objections she insisted I try it on since it was open. THAT was an eye opener - it fit beautifully and better than anything else I had tried on! But it was more than I wanted to spend (aren't they always?)

After that, I started researching Wranglers and found that since they came out the 4 door, and especially the JL, there seemed to be unanimous opinion that the ride improved significantly. But the cost was a factor. I was trying to say under $20,000 and I wanted low mileage and possibly certified. Yes, you can laugh now...

So, we went back to this dealer where they had 3 used Wranglers. I was interested in the other 2 because they were less expensive. The least expensive one was sold. The next one was being negotiated as we spoke, so (somewhat reluctantly) I agreed to take this last one for a test drive.

It had been a while since I had a manual transmission, and while I have had many over the years and enjoyed them, I was not looking for one again. Again - I was pleasantly surprised! The manual seems to "fit" the Wrangler. And my wife loved riding it in. We were hooked!

But there was that price... damn. I told them what I could do, and asked for their best offer (not expecting them to be close).

They weren't close. It was late on a Saturday, so I thanked them for their time, and we left - bummed.

We continued looking at ads and visiting other lots on Sunday and did not find anything comparable.

Monday morning - the sales person called and left a voice saying the general manager was willing to go up on our trade, and was confident enough that they could meet my price that they requested I fill out a credit app. I called her back and said, "Seriously? I don't want to take a hit on my credit report if this isn't possible." She assured me they understood that. So, I did, and waited...

And waited.

Hours later she called. Best they could do was $60/month too high. I said no. She went back to see what they could do. I waited...

And waited. We had begun to think that maybe it was worth it - considering everything else we had found. This was the lowest mileage, and was certified for 7 years / 100,000 miles. Maybe we need to compromise... MAYBE...

The call came. We had a deal!

So, 6 weeks and 4000 miles later we LOVE our Jeep! We are hooked! It is a very basic Sport, and about the only thing I truly miss are remote locks. Manual windows are fine and I really enjoy the clutch. Bonus? I am getting 23 mpg combined with a light foot.

That's my long story, and I promise to try not to be so long winded on future posts. There is a TON of very useful information here, and I look forward to continuing to discover more "stuff" that we absolutely need, lol!

A7201166-s.jpg

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well hello everyone!

My name is Patrick and I just bought our first Jeep.

It's a 2019 Red Unlimitied Rubicon.

I also added a 2" Mopar Lift and 35" BF Goodrich K02's with 20" KMC XD Buck 25 rims.

I have had it about 2 weeks now and am dying to take it off road ASAP.

We live in San Diego North County.

Thanks! :jk:

Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Thought I was looking for a truck... I needed to be up higher off the ground because of both the oncoming headlights and tail-gaters blinding me. I've had a 4x4 truck before and I loved it, but just could not afford to the overall costs. So, other than the seat height I have been enjoying a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour.

We were just looking - seriously! Cruising the dealer lots of Ford, Chevy, CDJR on Sundays (in cold weather they are all closed) - it is amazing how many vehicles (especially used) are unlocked - which allowed us to try out the seating position. My back has issues, so that was always the first issue to try out, and a lot of vehicles were eliminated simply by sitting in them. And I was avoiding Wranglers because all the ones I had been in (many years ago) rode too rough.

Fast forward to several months later in March. This Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JLU with only 6900 miles on it caught my wife's eye, and despite my objections she insisted I try it on since it was open. THAT was an eye opener - it fit beautifully and better than anything else I had tried on! But it was more than I wanted to spend (aren't they always?)

After that, I started researching Wranglers and found that since they came out the 4 door, and especially the JL, there seemed to be unanimous opinion that the ride improved significantly. But the cost was a factor. I was trying to say under $20,000 and I wanted low mileage and possibly certified. Yes, you can laugh now...

So, we went back to this dealer where they had 3 used Wranglers. I was interested in the other 2 because they were less expensive. The least expensive one was sold. The next one was being negotiated as we spoke, so (somewhat reluctantly) I agreed to take this last one for a test drive.

It had been a while since I had a manual transmission, and while I have had many over the years and enjoyed them, I was not looking for one again. Again - I was pleasantly surprised! The manual seems to "fit" the Wrangler. And my wife loved riding it in. We were hooked!

But there was that price... damn. I told them what I could do, and asked for their best offer (not expecting them to be close).

They weren't close. It was late on a Saturday, so I thanked them for their time, and we left - bummed.

We continued looking at ads and visiting other lots on Sunday and did not find anything comparable.

Monday morning - the sales person called and left a voice saying the general manager was willing to go up on our trade, and was confident enough that they could meet my price that they requested I fill out a credit app. I called her back and said, "Seriously? I don't want to take a hit on my credit report if this isn't possible." She assured me they understood that. So, I did, and waited...

And waited.

Hours later she called. Best they could do was $60/month too high. I said no. She went back to see what they could do. I waited...

And waited. We had begun to think that maybe it was worth it - considering everything else we had found. This was the lowest mileage, and was certified for 7 years / 100,000 miles. Maybe we need to compromise... MAYBE...

The call came. We had a deal!

So, 6 weeks and 4000 miles later we LOVE our Jeep! We are hooked! It is a very basic Sport, and about the only thing I truly miss are remote locks. Manual windows are fine and I really enjoy the clutch. Bonus? I am getting 23 mpg combined with a light foot.

That's my long story, and I promise to try not to be so long winded on future posts. There is a TON of very useful information here, and I look forward to continuing to discover more "stuff" that we absolutely need, lol!

A7201166-s.jpg
Congrats!! Glad you got the deal that worked for you - Nice looking Jeep!!

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
New member. This is my 3rd wrangler. I had a 86'CJ7 in the early 90's, a 2012 JK sport, and now a 19" JLR. I am looking forward to learning about this and sharing experiences.

IMG_20190430_194938.jpg

tct34aol

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Hi all, long time Jeep afficianado...bought my first one in 89 when I was in the army. Have had a Cherokee sport, 2 liberty, an unlimited sport with lots of aftermarket mods over the years. Just bought my wife a 2019 fully loaded rubicon with one touch convertible top, added side steps, front rock bar, grille insert, and a few internal features. I got jealous, so traded my 2015 charger in this weekend for a 2018 unlimited sport with lots of factory adds (great deal as they were very motivated to move there 18 inventory), but am looking forward to tricking it out!

Robe81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hello all! Third time Jeep owner, 1st time Sahara owner. Really liked the look of the new JL (particularly the crazy Mojito color...always been a sucker for Mopar greens). The timing was convenient due to my 2018 F150 deciding to be a complete lemon. Decided to go check out the 2019's and ran across a Mojito Sahara Unlimited...with a stick shift!!! I hadnt seen a manual Sahara since my friends TJ. The kids loved it...the wife was out of town...so I went with the ol' rather beg forgiveness then ask permission route. I'm a month in and loving it!!!

Sponsored

JustAJeepn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello all. My name is Ryan. I had a LJ but had to sell it due to pending military move a few years back (and have missed it ever since). I retired last Fall from the Air Force and started a new job. Now I am waiting to get back into the Jeep family. I ordered a Bikini JLUR yesterday. Can’t wait!

Buckleup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl 2.0
Long time lurker, with new JL ( and “severe steering oscillation” but that’s for another section.) I began reading all the posts I can find and will continue doing so. Seems to me there are a lot of great people and great information and I’m looking forward to being a long time member.

94C32D20-4911-4C7F-A101-601F49347EB8.jpeg

DanniBoi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Occupation
US Servicemember
Greetings Jeepers, I’m a new member to the forum but not new to the forum, as I’ve been reading many of the posts and comments as a guest and decided why not just dive on in the pool and stop dipping my toes. I’m Daniel originally from SC but currently in NY due to military service. I’m not new to the Jeep community, as I previously owned a 2014 Grand Cherokee Altitude (Emma) and the thought of taking it close to the mud, dirt, and rocks would have had my wife break out in hives, so we decided to trade her in for a 2018 JLU Sport S (Robin) which we purchased in May 2018.

We didn’t want to feed into the hype of over the top mods, so we decided to start with the basics first and then slowly work our way into other modifications. The first mod that we did was to order aftermarket wheels and tires, being in northern NY, we need a little more grab for the harsh winters that would soon face. We also decided to add a small budget boost for the lift (2.5 RC), until the market decided to come around with more products to support the JL became available.

I can say that since I moment we took Robin home, the love has been real and the community is amazingly supportive. We look forward to learning more about Robin and the adventures that await us.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26a.jpg
Sponsored