Jerry can or rotopax mounts.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Found this while hunting (again). Should be able to secure them with a bike lock so they don't get stolen easily, not sure how much weight can be added to the spare...

https://www.rockslideengineering.com/shop/accessories/ez-rack-kit-basic-steel.html

I'm thinking that just for a few gallons of fuel and a collapsible water bag in the under floor trunk if needed.
I love that idea. Nice and easy way to have extra fuel or mounts when going camping. Anyone know how much weight you could actually have extra on the spare tire?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm looking for a way also. I would prefer Jerry Cans over rotopax though.

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Found this while hunting (again). Should be able to secure them with a bike lock so they don't get stolen easily, not sure how much weight can be added to the spare...

https://www.rockslideengineering.com/shop/accessories/ez-rack-kit-basic-steel.html

I'm thinking that just for a few gallons of fuel and a collapsible water bag in the under floor trunk if needed.
Here is a picture fro SEMA that I took. I like the idea and that you can take it off/on real easily. Works with stock spare tire mount.

IMG_0445.jpeg

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Personally I think the @lodoffroad rear bumper/tire carrier is the best option for jerry cans and/or rotopax.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I wonder how that would hold up on a stutter bump road?

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
OP, as I understand it, you want the fuel to run your Genny for A/C in your trailer. It consumes 5 gal /day. That's 35 a week. It will be hard to stuff in enough cans for that much fuel. You need to camp next to a gas station or a current bush. I'd try to fit gas cans on your trailer somewhere, just be aware that weight added to either end throws off your hitch weight and drivability of the camper. Maybe a couple up front and a couple on the rear bumper. Can you put a front receiver hitch on your Jeep? If thats possible, you could get a good carrier and haul a bunch of cans or a real fuel tank on the front of your Jeep. That seems to me like it would be the best solution for you.

OP
OP
bobzdar

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
OP, as I understand it, you want the fuel to run your Genny for A/C in your trailer. It consumes 5 gal /day. That's 35 a week. It will be hard to stuff in enough cans for that much fuel. You need to camp next to a gas station or a current bush. I'd try to fit gas cans on your trailer somewhere, just be aware that weight added to either end throws off your hitch weight and drivability of the camper. Maybe a couple up front and a couple on the rear bumper. Can you put a front receiver hitch on your Jeep? If thats possible, you could get a good carrier and haul a bunch of cans or a real fuel tank on the front of your Jeep. That seems to me like it would be the best solution for you.
I don't run it 24/7. It's for periodic use, mainly to cool it down at night. All of the appliances run on dc+propane and with two full tanks they'll run for over a week with no a/c power. 10 gals would be the most I'd need and 4 gallons would probably be fine as I could start with a full generator + 4 gallons which would be enough for around 40 hours of run time. That's 5 nights running it all night (which I wouldn't need to do unless it's brutally hot), which is about the length of a typical trip, and there's usually a gas station close enough to periodically refuel.

On other trips I could use the mount for water instead, or my thought is I could get the 2gal rotopax containers with a dual mount and mix and match, depending on length of trip and what i'm doing, though carrying water inside obviously isn't an issue.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have two of these mounting plates left that accepts the Rotopax mount. I run the Fuelpax 3.5 gallon can on mine. Back up camera is not blocked. Simple sleek solution for another 40 or 50 miles out on the trail. If you're interested, feel free to message me.
Vic

20181029_124751.jpg

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have two of these mounting plates left that accepts the Rotopax mount. I run the Fuelpax 3.5 gallon can on mine. Back up camera is not blocked. Simple sleek solution for another 40 or 50 miles out on the trail. If you're interested, feel free to message me.
Vic

20181029_124751.jpg

Correction, one shipped out today. I am down to my last gas can mounting plate on hand. Get it while you can!

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Still have it I am very interested, assuming it works with jeep tail light relocation on the wheel
I have the last one available. I can't answer if it works with brake light relocation to wheel. Show me a picture of your set up. I removed my third brake light completely and made my antennae bracket.

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
I have the last one available. I can't answer if it works with brake light relocation to wheel. Show me a picture of your set up. I removed my third brake light completely and made my antennae bracket.
Is that still
Available?
Sponsored