Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
I know the Ace JL Rock Sliders fit over the Rubicon OEM Rock Rails; does anyone know of any other steps that can be used in conjunction with the OEM rails? I would rather not remove the rock rails...I hate the pinch seam

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The
Thanks @JimLee ; but I am not looking to remove the factory rails, I would rather keep them and find a step/running board that can be mounted over that isn't the Ace rock slider
There's a gap between the body and the rails with the LOD signature series sliders, but I dont know if its wide enough for the mopar sliders to fit underneath it. LOD might know.

Sponsored

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Thanks @JimLee ; but I am not looking to remove the factory rails, I would rather keep them and find a step/running board that can be mounted over that isn't the Ace rock slider
Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Sliders are what you're looking for but with better clearance. For $520 they are super beefy (12 mounting points each). Main rail that covers pinch seam and a step tube pointed up or down (or flat).

20190416_173410.jpg

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a bit wider step, so I installed the Iron Cross steps this weekend.

635FA37E-C54F-4FC3-AC17-14D9FC489582.jpeg
How are you liking these steps? I have been looking at these since my wife has a hard time getting in the jeep. Have they been holding up well for you?

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
How are you liking these steps? I have been looking at these since my wife has a hard time getting in the jeep. Have they been holding up well for you?
I installed them a few weeks ago. It does the job but if I had to do it over it again, Iā€™d spring the Mopar performance rock rails. The quality difference between the stock rock rails and the Iron Cross rails are night and day. Though you canā€™t beat the price.
I had some creaking that was driving me insane but it turned out to be a hard contact against the frame. I shimmed it and all is good now.
Underneath the rail is hollow which looks like itā€™s going to entrap dirt, mud, water, road salt and anything else, so I donā€™t expect them to last.
It kinda bugs me that it doesnā€™t follow the bodyline of the Jeep. The side of the Jeep looks straight but it actually has a curve to it. The rails are completely straight and I notice the gaps at either end. The stock rails matched the curve perfectly.
Functionally they do the job.

Sponsored

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
It kinda bugs me that it doesnā€™t follow the bodyline of the Jeep. The side of the Jeep looks straight but it actually has a curve to it. The rails are completely straight and I notice the gaps at either end. The stock rails matched the curve perfectly.
Functionally they do the job.
That's one of things I like about the Roam rock rails...they are contoured to follow the curve of the body.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
These aftermarket parts companies need to get over themselves. If they make a good product, it sells itself. No need for big logos on the parts. A tiny one will do. Most of us don't want 10 different large logos plastered, decaled, or laser cut into the parts we have payed good money for. I know I've avoided some products because the logo was just too much. I heard the same from others.
I couldnā€™t agree more. The logo should invisible, unless someone is looking for it. That is what manufacturer brand decals are for; put ā€˜em on or not.

Last edited:

moab19

First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL 4-dr MOAB
Hey Y'all!
Today I replaced my factory-installed Performance Parts Rock Rails with ICI Magnum RT Side Steps. I've got the step lights kit as well, but saving those for a later install when I'm not racing incoming weather. So happy with the look of these new steps!!
FactoryRockRails-to-ICIMagnumRTSideSteps.jpg

BikiniJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Hey Y'all!
Today I replaced my factory-installed Performance Parts Rock Rails with ICI Magnum RT Side Steps. I've got the step lights kit as well, but saving those for a later install when I'm not racing incoming weather. So happy with the look of these new steps!!
FactoryRockRails-to-ICIMagnumRTSideSteps.jpg
Iā€™m looking at these as well to help my boy get up into the Jeep. Donā€™t want runners so these are a good compromise I think. How was fit and installation? And is the word ā€œMagnumā€ on the steps obnoxious? I hate when manufacturers put visible words on their parts.
Sponsored