Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
I requested a picture of the Punkn next to a Firecracker Red, which they are going to do for me Friday. Maybe someone can get them to do it tomorrow?

CJ-YJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2015 Audi S3
upload_2017-11-5_7-39-59-jpeg.jpg

79816ea9-12fc-4c2a-86a7-9218889940a2-jpeg.jpg

I think Punk'n looks closer to the Mopar beadlocks than the more copper colored renderings on the jeep.com website.

Sponsored

James in FFX STN VA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler - soon
BC355525-024B-4DE7-8032-43A1BA93FC3D.jpeg
I requested a picture of the Punkn next to a Firecracker Red, which they are going to do for me Friday. Maybe someone can get them to do it tomorrow?

I feel like that photo will look something like this. Bonus: Mojito up top, Hella Yella at bottom for added comparison.
Seemingly the same amount of metallic...

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I really like it, but i didn't order one thinking it was going to be close to the rendering..not that I blame people or doing so...I just got my FC Red JLUR and absolutely love it, but this color as I see it now would have been a contender...Id reserve judgement too much until you see it in better light, but it certainly doesn't have the copper type feel of the render.

sandtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport S 2-door
I have a feeling these photos are not representing the true color very accurately. Cell phones (or at least iphones) have a hard time accurately capturing reds and oranges... in some lights my iphone pics of my Crush JK look very red and not accurate at all.

I think seeing a close up pic of the "Rubicon" red outline on the Punk'n color will help a lot with seeing how red is actually is. There are pics of Nacho jeeps that look like Crush almost and it is supposed to be a Dozer yellow.

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
BC355525-024B-4DE7-8032-43A1BA93FC3D.jpeg

I feel like that photo will look something like this. Bonus: Mojito up top, Hella Yella at bottom for added comparison.
Seemingly the same amount of metallic...
The biggest tomato on the left side is the closest to Punk"n.

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JUST SAW THE PUNK'N RUBICON with my own eyes.......
Took a road trip to Hayesville NC this morning and met with a great, knowledgable salesman, John Mirandi, at Jacky Jones Jeep; 828 389 1968. After last night's very disappointing pictures on this forum of the Punk'n Jeep, I all but decided not to make the drive. But, I went anyway and will be posting some pics...for what they're worth.

Bottom line, yesterday's
photos were not really close to what the color actually looks like. I would call Firecracker red a true red like on the color spectrum we saw in 3rd grade art class. Well, Punk'n is a true orange, what I would call orange orange. I would comfortably order one tomorrow, and I might, but we (you know) would really like to see Nacho and Mojito in person which we have not.

It still amazes me how photos can look so different from reality. Punk'n is a nice bright (not
fluorescent) orange, just like Firecracker is a nice bright red. I really liked it and think most people looking for orange will love it. It is not copper-like and I had to look really hard to see any metallic. If it is metallic, it is the least visible of any I've seen and it really looks mostly non metallic, which I personally love. It is a rich, full bodied, real color, not hazy and reminds me a bit of Harley orange. It also is close to Stihl (chainsaws etc.) orange only better.

For a guy who is tired of gray, black, white, silver etc., no offense intended, this Punk'n excited me and it looked awesome with the black top. Go ahead and buy one. Pics to follow.

Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked at all my pics taken today on an iPhone and an LG phone and they all incorrectly reproduce Punk'n ....kinda like the photos of Nacho which all look different. My pics look nearly identical to the ones from Jacky Jones Jeep seen yesterday and they are way off. Sorry but my Nikon and I parted ways years ago. Trust me it looks like the actual pumpkin someone posted earlier (imagine that) and it is a color I would be happy with and might buy. I do not trust pics of Nacho or Mojito and will not till I see them with my own eyeballs

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
It's pure orange like a real pumpkin.
Which is too bad as I really liked the color in the Jeep.com rendering. I actually tried ordering a Punk'n about a 3 weeks ago but it wasn't available so I switched to Bright White and now I am glad things worked out as they did.

Eric552

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
JUST SAW THE PUNK'N RUBICON with my own eyes.......
Took a road trip to Hayesville NC this morning and met with a great, knowledgable salesman, John Mirandi, at Jacky Jones Jeep; 828 389 1968. After last night's very disappointing pictures on this forum of the Punk'n Jeep, I all but decided not to make the drive. But, I went anyway and will be posting some pics...for what they're worth.

Bottom line, yesterday's
photos were not really close to what the color actually looks like. I would call Firecracker red a true red like on the color spectrum we saw in 3rd grade art class. Well, Punk'n is a true orange, what I would call orange orange. I would comfortably order one tomorrow, and I might, but we (you know) would really like to see Nacho and Mojito in person which we have not.

It still amazes me how photos can look so different from reality. Punk'n is a nice bright (not
fluorescent) orange, just like Firecracker is a nice bright red. I really liked it and think most people looking for orange will love it. It is not copper-like and I had to look really hard to see any metallic. If it is metallic, it is the least visible of any I've seen and it really looks mostly non metallic, which I personally love. It is a rich, full bodied, real color, not hazy and reminds me a bit of Harley orange. It also is close to Stihl (chainsaws etc.) orange only better.

For a guy who is tired of gray, black, white, silver etc., no offense intended, this Punk'n excited me and it looked awesome with the black top. Go ahead and buy one. Pics to follow.

Please still post the pics! I've already got one on order and fully intend to keep it. I just want to see more pics!
Sponsored