35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

meflattery

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Which wheels are those? They look great!
Thanks!! Was nervous how'd they'd look with the granite but couldn't be happier. 18x9 XD Hoss 2s with 35x12.50r18 KO2s. Post some better pics when I get the Jeep back in two days.
Sponsored

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
I'm trying to summarize everything I've read here and seen on YouTube.

* Talking only about JLU Rubicon here *

1. 35s will fit with no lift. They will not rub during normal city driving, but will not allow full articulation offroad.
2. 35s with the 2" Mopar lift will give you full articulation, and seem to be "recommended" by Jeep (ref: The Mopar Mojito build)
3. 37s will fit with the 2" lift, but like #1, will not provide full articulation.
4. An aftermarket lift will be needed for full articulation with 37s.

Do you guys think this is accurate?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I'm trying to summarize everything I've read here and seen on YouTube.

* Talking only about JLU Rubicon here *

1. 35s will fit with no lift. They will not rub during normal city driving, but will not allow full articulation offroad.
2. 35s with the 2" Mopar lift will give you full articulation, and seem to be "recommended" by Jeep (ref: The Mopar Mojito build)
3. 37s will fit with the 2" lift, but like #1, will not provide full articulation.
4. An aftermarket lift will be needed for full articulation with 37s.

Do you guys think this is accurate?
This sounds very accurate too me.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone think just a 1" budget boost front and back would be enough to allow full articulation with 35s on a jlur ? I plan on buying new wheels and tires and maybe a winch right away and trying to keep from breaking the bank, at least until next year! And yes, I do wheel it but rarely found the need to disconnect sway bars on my jkur.

Last edited:

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Stock wheels, mopar lift, and 35's is what I'm considering right now. Just picked up my JLUR this afternoon. Any additional pics you could share? Been curious if stock wheel back spacing becomes more manageable once the lift is installed.
I can definitely take more pics, what angle you looking for?
Stock backspacing isn’t an issue, it will however rub some at full articulation on stock setup. With 2” lift I couldn’t make it rub on stock wheels if I tried. Tons of space. I gained a lot of lift, more like 3-3.5. Steel bumpers and settling in it will likely go down but even then ya a lot of space to flex.

To me 35s look perfect on it. So far at higher speeds is where it suffers a little. Not as smooth and stable as stock but I expected that. Nothing crazy though.

I made a deal with my dealer, they bought my stock tires for 1150$ and I used that towards ridge grapplers that were $340 a piece. Had them order and install lift too.

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
For you guys with the 2" mopar lift and 35" KO2's, how much worse is your ride/steering on road at highway speeds, say 65-75. This is the setup I was looking at but off road I will do mostly light trail riding and I'll admit I'm probably going for the look more than anything else, but I want the ability to do more if the opportunity presents itself. I've read all the posts that I can on lifts and 35's and most people say it's still good on road and then others say once you hit 65 or so you can really feel the difference. I just don't want to lift a 52k vehicle and add 35's to find out I've turned it into a lifted mess at highway speeds. Anyone with other brands of 35's that haven't noticed a bad difference with driveability please chime in with what you're running. Thanks in advance!

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
For you guys with the 2" mopar lift and 35" KO2's, how much worse is your ride/steering on road at highway speeds, say 65-75. This is the setup I was looking at but off road I will do mostly light trail riding and I'll admit I'm probably going for the look more than anything else, but I want the ability to do more if the opportunity presents itself. I've read all the posts that I can on lifts and 35's and most people say it's still good on road and then others say once you hit 65 or so you can really feel the difference. I just don't want to lift a 52k vehicle and add 35's to find out I've turned it into a lifted mess at highway speeds. Anyone with other brands of 35's that haven't noticed a bad difference with driveability please chime in with what you're running. Thanks in advance!
I’m runny 35 KO2’s and I didn’t notice much of a difference at all especially if you drop it to 30psi. It’s pretty smooth on the highway compared to my JK.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
I can definitely take more pics, what angle you looking for?
Stock backspacing isn’t an issue, it will however rub some at full articulation on stock setup. With 2” lift I couldn’t make it rub on stock wheels if I tried. Tons of space. I gained a lot of lift, more like 3-3.5. Steel bumpers and settling in it will likely go down but even then ya a lot of space to flex.

To me 35s look perfect on it. So far at higher speeds is where it suffers a little. Not as smooth and stable as stock but I expected that. Nothing crazy though.

I made a deal with my dealer, they bought my stock tires for 1150$ and I used that towards ridge grapplers that were $340 a piece. Had them order and install lift too.
Straight on from the side, front, and back would be helpful on the pics...thanks!

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I’m runny 35 KO2’s and I didn’t notice much of a difference at all especially if you drop it to 30psi. It’s pretty smooth on the highway compared to my JK.
Thanks! Do you get the tpms light or did you have the dealer calibrate it down?

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
They must have because I do not have the light
Mbuck how much lift did you gain? I’m worried mine was a 4” not a 2”. Maybe just being paranoid.
You mind measuring from center of wheel to the bolt on center of the fender for me?

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Mbuck how much lift did you gain? I’m worried mine was a 4” not a 2”. Maybe just being paranoid.
You mind measuring from center of wheel to the bolt on center of the fender for me?
No problem, I’ll measure it when I get home but I gained a little over two inches. It certainly looks like more because of the high fenders. My problem is that the passenger side is 3/4” lower than drivers side. They said it would settle we shall see, but I will measure the drivers for you.

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
Anyone think just a 1" budget boost front and back would be enough to allow full articulation with 35s on a jlur ? I plan on buying new wheels and tires and maybe a winch right away and trying to keep from breaking the bank, at least until next year! And yes, I do wheel it but rarely found the need to disconnect sway bars on my jkur.
Agreed. From everything I've read and seen a 1" BB and 35s would work great. It would go pretty much anywhere you want to go east of the MS.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, I’ll measure it when I get home but I gained a little over two inches. It certainly looks like more because of the high fenders. My problem is that the passenger side is 3/4” lower than drivers side. They said it would settle we shall see, but I will measure the drivers for you.
I was watching a Clayton Offroad video on youtube about the JL, and they mentioned they use different springs in the rear from the factory(Driver/Passenger.) This wasn't the case on the JK. Not sure if the Mopar lift kit has different rear springs L/R? I would crawl under and see if there are any #'s on the springs.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
And here she is! It rides smoother than it did with the 35s and stock suspension. I'm just thrilled! I hit the highway briefly for a very short stretch, hitting about 70mph. There was no shimmy, no shake, and it was rock solid. Now I'm letting some air out of the tires. I'm at 34lbs now, and will go to 32 for the chalk test. I couldn't be happier. Here is before and after, at the dealership...

Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash!
Sponsored