Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing
Vector is starting a build on this 2018 JL Rubicon in Granite Crystal. Jeep has made so many great improvements on this platform, we can't wait to see what it can do. We are already hard at work on some great new products to take your JL to the next level. This build will focus on maintaining excellent road manners. Part of that will effort will require keeping the vehicle as light as possible. Thanks for tuning in on this build and we hope you enjoy it!

If anyone can come up with a great name for this build, we will send them some free swag!

Next to big brother
IMG_0589.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vector Offroad

Vector Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing
Got to work on mounting up the wheels and tires. We went with some light weight bead locks and 35" all terrains to keep things light and maintain good traction on the icy roads of Utah. Mud terrains on icy roads just don't perform as well as all terrains. The newest guy in the shop always always has to torque down the bead lock rings :cwl:

IMG_0608.jpg
Everything is mounted up and just waiting on some black lug nuts which had to be ordered. Factory lug nuts won't work on most aftermarket wheels. The new wheel studs are M14-1.5 if anyone is wondering...
IMG_0610.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Got to work on mounting up the wheels and tires. We went with some light weight bead locks and 35" all terrains to keep things light and maintain good traction on the icy roads of Utah. Mud terrains on icy roads just don't perform as well as all terrains. The newest guy in the shop always always has to torque down the bead lock rings :cwl:

IMG_0608.jpg
Everything is mounted up and just waiting on some black lug nuts which had to be ordered. Factory lug nuts won't work on most aftermarket wheels. The new wheel studs are M14-1.5 if anyone is wondering...
IMG_0610.jpg
Nice wheel choice, can't wait to see them mounted! I'mm seriously considering the same wheels once my JL gets here. I nearly purchased a set for my last JK, but ended up going with Trail Gear Creeper Locks instead(Way too heavy.) Oh I remember torquing down those damn bolts.... what a pain!

Is there any way you can measure the factory wheel offset or backspacing when you pull them off? I'm shopping wheels, but with everyone saying the Rubi axles are wider than the others I'm concerned all the wheels I like will end up sticking out too far.

Thanks in advance, look forward to your build!

OP
OP
Vector Offroad

Vector Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing
Don't overlook the stereo controls on the back of the steering wheel. I'm not sure if it's there on all trim levels/packages, but the volume/mode/up/down buttons on are both sides of the back of the steering wheel. Took us a few days to find them.

IMG_0612.jpg

Ryan_Barnes

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon Unlimited, 2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Don't overlook the stereo controls on the back of the steering wheel. I'm not sure if it's there on all trim levels/packages, but the volume/mode/up/down buttons on are both sides of the back of the steering wheel. Took us a few days to find them.

IMG_0612.jpg
I sold Jeeps for a short time, and every time I see a post like this it makes me wonder if salesmen do walk around deliveries anymore. I used to go over every detail at delivery. Radio functions, set the clock and their station presets for them, show them every serviceable fluid under the hood, everything. I don’t think a lot of people do this anymore.

Sponsored

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
call it the, “tom petty memorial off-roader”

other names:

“JL Covfefe”
“Vector Brady Fumble Edition”

rip0351

First Name
Rip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara
Vector is starting a build on this 2018 JL Rubicon in Granite Crystal. Jeep has made so many great improvements on this platform, we can't wait to see what it can do. We are already hard at work on some great new products to take your JL to the next level. This build will focus on maintaining excellent road manners. Part of that will effort will require keeping the vehicle as light as possible. Thanks for tuning in on this build and we hope you enjoy it!

If anyone can come up with a great name for this build, we will send them some free swag!

Next to big brother
IMG_0589.jpg
"Vector one/vector 1" sounds like a military call sign, would be a good name

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
eea672e9-d909-426d-945e-d56cbd60b723.gif

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
"Gnash" for the Light & Low theme. It's the artist of the "Lights Down Low" song. It's the first thing that popped into my head....

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Love those wheels. My Silverados volume and station control’s are behind the wheel like that. I find my self always trying to change the volume on the wife’s Honda that way or when I’m in a rental.

Build name: You Got Granite Crystal with black wheels I’m assuming tint will be coming as well

I like :
Vectors Reaper or Vector Off-road “The REAPER”

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
JaiL Breaker

JaiL Break

Vector JoLt

U JeLLy?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The stereo controls have always been there on the JK...

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
194238E7-CE95-4304-A3C1-0EFC063CDDAA.jpeg

BC3ADA8D-E528-4D58-A06D-48F43D2EE524.jpeg
Got the black lug nuts in today and mounted up the wheels and tires. Figured it was almost 60 degrees in frigid Utah so might as well drop the top too. Man does this soft top come down quick. Took about a minute to pull all the windows and drop the top!
Which lugs did you get and where did you source them? What about a locking lug?

OP
OP
Vector Offroad

Vector Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vectoroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Offroad Manufacturing
C75A3BCC-1B61-4ED3-966D-BF6647B28351.jpeg
D4F70664-2FA2-43A3-93EC-CB5CA72A2DD6.jpeg
Got the black lug nuts in today and mounted up the wheels and tires. Figured it was almost 60 degrees in frigid Utah so might as well drop the top too. Man does this soft top come down quick. Took about a minute to pull all the windows and drop the top!
Sponsored