Not open for further replies.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I plan on becoming a member of the FCA corporation aka getting a job at the dodge dealer nearest me and this is the first thing I plan to address because I plan to do it to my wife’s Jeep all the physical aspects I can do personally but as far as programming I have also reached out to a fella who has a program “autoenginuity” that may be able to help with this he is going to get back with me about the security bypsss and the fictionalability with the Jeep aspect
Sponsored

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
As far as the Alfaobd I does not yet support the jl it does supports the wk2 “2018 grand Cherokee” but until it supports the jl I’m in the hands of the dealership or the said program listed above

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
So I am ready to be a guinea pig for this. After painstakingly choosing my options, I cut and pasted only some codes out of my spreadsheet to the dealer. Proximity was missing.

Anyway, I only want to add the rear handle and activate this with the sales code right now. If anyone is still moving in this direction, please post here with results.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Do not have to replace RFH. Just have to get someone at FCA corporate to add sales code and have dealer reconfigure vehicle after code is added and will work. Just did one for an owner not knowing if could be done but it works. Took about 8 hours to do it all
So if I buy a single rear handle, get the code added, and the Uconnect reflashed - I'm good to go?

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I plan on becoming a member of the FCA corporation aka getting a job at the dodge dealer nearest me and this is the first thing I plan to address because I plan to do it to my wife’s Jeep all the physical aspects I can do personally but as far as programming I have also reached out to a fella who has a program “autoenginuity” that may be able to help with this he is going to get back with me about the security bypsss and the fictionalability with the Jeep aspect
Yeah, I'd temper your expectations on AE. Those guys can't even copy a Ford PATS key (well over 15 year-old tech) even though they claim they can. This is WAY out of their wheelhouse.

I hope someone proves me wrong and AE makes it stupid easy, but you've got a better chance of buying a winning Powerball ticket tonight

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
You will need an antenna and a pigtail of some sort also I think
It seems the Rubicon has the antenna already. Just the jumper + handle is needed. Maybe I’ll talk to Jeep cares if that helps in some way.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
It seems the Rubicon has the antenna already. Just the jumper + handle is needed. Maybe I’ll talk to Jeep cares if that helps in some way.
Correct, for the rear door:

Handle, handle "cap", jumper. I've done this.

For the front driver/pass the entire door harness would need to be replaced.

Rubicon and Saharas (at least up to my build day of April 2018) had the 5 antennas installed and wired. I verified.

But, I have not had success with updating sales code/flashing uconnect. Went to a couple of dealers: "you want to do what?", or they simply look at me like I have two heads, and then say: "You will need to rewire whole vehicle and that is a "10,000" job...." Basically "go away" talk. It's been several months, I may go back for more punishment and try again.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Correct, for the rear door:

Handle, handle "cap", jumper. I've done this.

For the front driver/pass the entire door harness would need to be replaced.

Rubicon and Saharas (at least up to my build day of April 2018) had the 5 antennas installed and wired. I verified.

But, I have not had success with updating sales code/flashing uconnect. Went to a couple of dealers: "you want to do what?", or they simply look at me like I have two heads, and then say: "You will need to rewire whole vehicle and that is a "10,000" job...." Basically "go away" talk. It's been several months, I may go back for more punishment and try again.
So my dealer (Huntington Beach Jeep) is working on this now, but have you or anyone approached Jeep Cares?

The rear handle is the only one I am pretty much interested in. I used the hatch first more than anywhere else, and that seems to be the easiest to retrofit of all the doors.

Sponsored

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So my dealer (Huntington Beach Jeep) is working on this now, but have you or anyone approached Jeep Cares?

The rear handle is the only one I am pretty much interested in. I used the hatch first more than anywhere else, and that seems to be the easiest to retrofit of all the doors.
Most likely FCA is the person to contact in this matter if you read the previous posts a members friend that works at FCA programmed his Jeep so we all know it’s physically possible just to what lengths we have to go is the question

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I bought the parts for the rear door at my dealer. My big California dealer seems confident they can activate it after I do the install.

bishop404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
What's the real deal with the RF hub? The dealer says they are OTP and that I would have to buy a new one to support this feature and they can do everything else after I put the hardware in (even add the sales code). How do I a new one that supports what I want? Is this a dealer thing?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Do not have to replace RFH. Just have to get someone at FCA corporate to add sales code and have dealer reconfigure vehicle after code is added and will work. Just did one for an owner not knowing if could be done but it works. Took about 8 hours to do it all
Do you have more details on this? do you work at a dealer?

Keep me posted, I'm not far from you!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.