Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion 2018

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Just a couple of days away! Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to go but with the Jeep sitting at the dealer waiting on a decision from FCA, I guess I’ll be cancelling my trip. Hope you guys have a blast. Hopefully, I can make it out there next year.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I was going to go but with the Jeep sitting at the dealer waiting on a decision from FCA, I guess I’ll be cancelling my trip. Hope you guys have a blast. Hopefully, I can make it out there next year.
Ouch, whats wrong with your Jeep?

On a side note, Ive seen a couple different people here talking about Jeepfests and this Jeep Invasion. While I am all for getting together with like minded individuals, I would have thought (this is my first Jeep) that there would be more off-road oriented activities, but they seem to be parking lot/pavement get togethers. Am I seeing this correctly?

As I stated previously in this thread, I am going to Sheriffs Jeepfest in Jasper, GA Aug-31-Sept 2, it is full of obstacle courses and trail rides. Cant wait!

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch, whats wrong with your Jeep?

On a side note, Ive seen a couple different people here talking about Jeepfests and this Jeep Invasion. While I am all for getting together with like minded individuals, I would have thought (this is my first Jeep) that there would be more off-road oriented activities, but they seem to be parking lot/pavement get togethers. Am I seeing this correctly?

As I stated previously in this thread, I am going to Sheriffs Jeepfest in Jasper, GA Aug-31-Sept 2, it is full of obstacle courses and trail rides. Cant wait!
Three of the four welds on the track bar mount failed. I’ve got a thread about it on here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-at-1300-miles-failed-track-bar-mount.13380/

Regarding the Invasion...they’ve got a couple trail rides set up. More forest service roads than anything but I’m sure there will be other informal trail rides as well.

Sponsored

ohkasihkuusa

First Name
Kok Cheow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee will be hosting the 6th annual Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invsasion August 24th and 25th.

Assuming I have my JLUR by then, I'll be there along with a couple family members. Would be nice if the forum had a good representation there.

Anyone else interested in going?

https://www.greatsmokymountainjeepinvasion.com/

Hello there. Could you please share your knowledge about the event? I've never been to the event before and I'm curious about things like tickets, accommodation, parking, etc. Anything you can shed some lights on is appreciated. Thank you.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I visited the area this past December/January for a week. Not in a Jeep (that’s on you TNAP for not building my Jeep in a timely manner to be delivered when it should have been!). We stayed in this cabin at Legacy Mountain Resort and loved it. I’m not affiliated with them or receiving any sort of reward, just enjoyed our stay here and letting those of you who might go know about it. YMMV.

https://www.wyndhamvacationrentals.com/tennessee/pigeon-forge/avalon-mist-unit

Reactions: aai

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
I visited the area this past December/January for a week. Not in a Jeep (that’s on you TNAP for not building my Jeep in a timely manner to be delivered when it should have been!). We stayed in this cabin at Legacy Mountain Resort and loved it. I’m not affiliated with them or receiving any sort of reward, just enjoyed our stay here and letting those of you who might go know about it. YMMV.

https://www.wyndhamvacationrentals.com/tennessee/pigeon-forge/avalon-mist-unit

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Legacy does have nice views.
I didn’t get a lot of good photos from the cabin on my phone but my wife probably has some. Here’s one sunrise from the balcony of the cabin we rented.

CD4E151A-5308-430A-947D-35FCF601F473.jpeg

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Absolutely. We go every year. Wouldn't miss it.