Sponsored

SmartStopStart - Compatible with 2019 Wrangler JL 3.6 and 2.0 BSG

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I couldn’t see how the device could impact anything with uconnect or even a software check while still connected. It’s just a device that goes inline with the button. It remembers state and sends same sign as the button for that state. I wouldn’t think any tech would ever notice it unless they opened the dash. They maybe be able figure something is in there when starting the vehicle and they noticed that the button was enabled (if that was the state it was put in). Other than those 2 cases I can’t see how it would be detected.
@Twistedfab

You can think it, rethink it, speculate and ..... Regardless, one would be very very foolish not to remove the SmartStopStart before bringing the JL to a dealership Service Department appointment.

In my post above, I only mentioned the Monthly Health Report and OTA stuff, because some that do not know better, might pass on such a terrific device ... the SmartStopStart.... because they thought those two things I mentioned may be impacted.

Sponsored

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
SmartStopStart does not go inline with the ESS override button. This is not practical on most FCA vehicles because the button is soldered on a computer module circuit board.

Like the Taser it connects to the vehicle's CAN network and intercepts and reproduces the message from the ESS override button. Unlike the Taser it DOES NOT disable the Security Gateway Module.
Sorry I meant to say it’s inline between that control board and where ever those wires go. My main point was that it just reproduces the sign from stored memory.

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Twistedfab

You can think it, rethink it, speculated and ..... Regardless, one would be very very foolish not to remove the SmartStopStart before bringing the JL to a dealership Service Department appointment.

In my post above, I only mentioned the Monthly Health Report and OTA stuff, because some that do not know better, might pass on such a terrific device ... the SmartStopStart.... because they thought those two things I mentioned may be impacted.

Don’t get me wrong I like it and bought it. More than likely will be removing prior to dealer visit.
Thanks for the info.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t get me wrong I like it and bought it. More than likely will be removing prior to dealer visit.
Thanks for the info.
@Twistedfab

Takes about 2 minutes to disconnect the SmartStopStart..

Don't be foolish enough not to disconnect it, and risk lets call it, issues with the dealership.

YES, the SmartStopStart is a terrific little device that works flawlessly. I'm sure you appreciate it as much as I do...

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Anyone interested in a resale of one of these units. I'm in California and the manufacturer won't ship here. I completely understand why (they have their hands tied legally), but I am not a company selling a product and could give a sh!t about California CARB regulations, I just need to get my hands on one to install in my 2019 JL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, as a follow-up post .... I have now accrued over 9,200 miles with the SmartStopStart unit installed. It has been installed on my JL, since December.

As mentioned each time I post here with follow-up usage reports in regard to the SSS .....Not once since it's installation, 9,200+ miles, has the SmartStopStart, ESS disabler hiccuped lets say, in regarding doing it's job. Works flawlessly!

The thing just works... never any issues... you totally forget it is installed. What a pleasure to have!

I'd recommend this unit to anyone wanting to disable ESS..

Well worth the $ .... and, I might add, that even years down the road, when you finally part with your JL, that you will be able to easily, sell the SmartStopStart unit here on this forum or on say, Craigslist. You can literally use and enjoy this unit and sell it for probably well more, then half of what you paid for it.

Sponsored