TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
No, not my prom. (I wish)

Letting a best friends very responsible son take the JL to Prom tonight. It gave me an excuse for a good cleaning. Hopefully it returns in almost the same condition.

prom1.jpg
prom3.jpg
prom2.jpg

-Eli
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Here in CT they made teen driving laws EXTREMELY restrictive. It’s been almost 10 years since they implemented the changes and the data doesn’t lie - lives are being saved.

That said, it kills me that my very responsible son can’t drive to his own prom. (Have to hold a license two years before you’re allowed to drive peers.) Oh, well. Good excuse to go in on a limo, I guess.

Awesome of you to loan out your Jeep! When I was 17, an employee of my gf’s dad lent us her Miata. We had a blast rolling up to prom in that little thing with the top down. Good memories!

Reactions: zyt

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt that OP’s friend’s son will be pulling up to prom in the “illest” ride, or whatever the kids are saying nowadays. Good on you, @TJEli, that’s a level of trust I’m not quite sure I could reach!

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
It'll be fine. Your Jeep is badass and when I was in HS I would have picked a sweet lifted Jeep as my prom ride instead of a sports car for sure if given an option. I had to settle for a suped up '93 rx-7 so I can't really complain I guess.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Funny thing about some kids. He didn't think the Jeep was available to borrow Sat night so he originally asked if they could take my Wife's car.('18 S5 Sportback) I was going to let them but my wife thought they might get in trouble with it. When I told him they could take my Jeep but it wasn't the greatest "prom" vehicle he said... "That's what I REALLY wanted to take!"

park (2).jpg
park (3).jpg

Jeep was returned on time and in perfect condition. They had a great time.

prom6.jpg

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt that OP’s friend’s son will be pulling up to prom in the “illest” ride, or whatever the kids are saying nowadays. Good on you, @TJEli, that’s a level of trust I’m not quite sure I could reach!
My co-workers son called mine "sick"... I think it was a compliment... :like:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
How'd they get up in the jeep in those dresses? Nevermind... forget I asked... :lipssealed:

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
My prom was back during the -gag- Carter administration. I took my date on my 1976 Monte Carlo, bench seat almost as good as a Motel 6, but watch those seat belts - don't ask!

Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Funny thing about some kids. He didn't think the Jeep was available to borrow Sat night so he originally asked if they could take my Wife's car.('18 S5 Sportback) I was going to let them but my wife thought they might get in trouble with it. When I told him they could take my Jeep but it wasn't the greatest "prom" vehicle he said... "That's what I REALLY wanted to take!"

park (2).jpg
park (3).jpg

prom6.jpg
That is a Jeep memory they will never forget.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda

park (2).jpg
park (3).jpg

prom6.jpg
Oh to be young. Those were the days....
They all look great. Glad they had a safe fun time.
Sponsored