SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Something that sounds technical, but it's not.
So now that the Mopar tube doors are hitting door steps across America, some of us are learning there’s a mirror issue. When I ordered my tube doors back in June 2018, I also ordered Mopar mirrors that specifically stated “for optional tube doors”. If you look at the featured green jeep decked out with Mopar accessories, you’ll see the tube doors and some pretty nifty mirrors attached as well. Then reality.

So Mopar/FCA told our old buddy Benny from AllMoparParts there is no attachment for the tube doors and no info if there ever will be one. So what do we do now? Luckily, I may have found a solution. Welcome to Amazon, if you don’t already know about Amazon, I’m sure EBay will work, but your first problem is the rock you’re hiding under.

So on Amazon you can search for 2” Roll Cage Mirrors and you’ll start to see options. Pick what you want, I can only comment on the ones I got. I ordered a pair that are convex to broaden my view and they are going to work perfectly. From what I can tell, all UTV roll bar mirrors are adjustable to the angle relative to the tube, so don’t let the picture online scare you. The mirrors pictured advertise at 4” X 7” and although they look a little small, due to being convex, they are about perfect. If they were flat, I’d need a much larger mirror to see the blind spots better.

Good luck to everyone and good luck finding the right mirrors for your doors.

BF9A116D-9EE3-46E9-9BD1-7E20E79FBB6E.jpeg

E20DEF36-82D8-490D-9079-FB8217181FF9.jpeg

8CBDC45F-F998-4A60-B19B-8C395E8BFF77.jpeg

77F1727C-DECA-4C26-96C3-4689C6D0265B.jpeg

BDE7F95D-AB32-4688-AF90-2F093A37BB3E.jpeg

C8EC2B64-572F-4BDD-8BE1-9363A60E4F48.jpeg

16A7F215-33F9-471A-9AFA-EB2D335824BE.jpeg

7EB29D17-FF69-42D7-AD62-5FAAF4EAC30E.jpeg
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So now that the Mopar tube doors are hitting door steps across America, some of us are learning there’s a mirror issue. When I ordered my tube doors back in June 2018, I also ordered Mopar mirrors that specifically stated “for optional tube doors”. If you look at the featured green jeep decked out with Mopar accessories, you’ll see the tube doors and some pretty nifty mirrors attached as well. Then reality.

So Mopar/FCA told our old buddy Benny from AllMoparParts there is no attachment for the tube doors and no info if there ever will be one. So what do we do now? Luckily, I may have found a solution. Welcome to Amazon, if you don’t already know about Amazon, I’m sure EBay will work, but your first problem is the rock you’re hiding under.

So on Amazon you can search for 2” Roll Cage Mirrors and you’ll start to see options. Pick what you want, I can only comment on the ones I got. I ordered a pair that are convex to broaden my view and they are going to work perfectly. From what I can tell, all UTV roll bar mirrors are adjustable to the angle relative to the tube, so don’t let the picture online scare you. The mirrors pictured advertise at 4” X 7” and although they look a little small, due to being convex, they are about perfect. If they were flat, I’d need a much larger mirror to see the blind spots better.

Excellent information, Mike. Helps keep us legal. Thank you.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Excellent information, Mike. Helps keep us legal. Thank you.
This is great information. I am sure a bunch of people will be scratching their heads wondering where to put the mirrors.
I think the mopar tube doors look much better than the rugged ridge or other options. I know this has been asked before but is there any aftermarket solution yet to prevent them from getting stolen?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think a solution that involves bolting to the hinge bolts on the top hinge of the tube doors would work well, just not sure how it could be accomplished.

OP
OP
SONofHELGI

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is great information. I am sure a bunch of people will be scratching their heads wondering where to put the mirrors.
I think the mopar tube doors look much better than the rugged ridge or other options. I know this has been asked before but is there any aftermarket solution yet to prevent them from getting stolen?
So far the locking nut hasn't been released. Personally I'm going to through the door bolts back in. It may not be "secure" but it will prevent someone from walking over and pulling the doors off with ease.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic

Great info, thanks. Would it be possible to update with the url directly to the Amazon item?

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Mopar doors have the ability to be locked at the hinge? Like the stock doors?

OP
OP
SONofHELGI

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like brackets that allow me to relocate my mirrors to the body ... wired and all. They'd be adjustable while in the driver's seat. They wouldn't wobble like hinge mounted mirrors. And, we could run whatever doors we want ... or doorless without worrying about something else to mount.

Kinda like this ...
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-mirror-bracket-jk-1102504.html

FCA should design body mounted mirrors from the factory.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone have any ideas for wiring a LED for Blindspot use? Figured it there already for the OEM mirror and last summer I ran door/topless all season long but after a year of having had that capability I'll have to retrain the brain. :) I'd love to be able to use a small diode with mirrors like the above and light that diode.... Now granted the tube doors offer great viz and all but knowing a signal is/can be pushed makes me think this could be done with relative ease.

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
Good Morning JLWF!

I just wanted to throw out another option for mirrors. They are not connected to the door but they can be rotated out of the way of the factory door without being completely removed. They are made right here in Michigan out of powder coated stainless steel.

If you want to see how they install, check out this video from Mojito Jeep. You can see the install at about 10:35 into the video.

The doors they show off are ours as well. Have a good one! - Motor City Aftermarket

The Mirrors | The Doors

mca-jltm18-1.jpg

jltm18-p-2.jpg

OP
OP
SONofHELGI

SONofHELGI

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Anyone have any ideas for wiring a LED for Blindspot use? Figured it there already for the OEM mirror and last summer I ran door/topless all season long but after a year of having had that capability I'll have to retrain the brain. :) I'd love to be able to use a small diode with mirrors like the above and light that diode.... Now granted the tube doors offer great viz and all but knowing a signal is/can be pushed makes me think this could be done with relative ease.
I read in another post that Zautomotive (TazerJL) is looking at a hardware attachment to the door plugs to provide all the options missing once you disconnect them. Hopefully there will be an option for a LED blind spot connection as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

tazerJL.PNG

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
So how are the actual tube doors? I've been wanting to get a set but would like to read some reviews on them
Sponsored