Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on calling my dealership in the next couple of days to see if they can start the process for adding the 7 inch to my VIN. Really I would be fine with manual updates but no updates is really going to annoy me. I still have issues with the next track buttons on the steering wheel and the unit still doesn't automatically go to bluetooth. I was hoping an update would fix these issues. @MORTON have you heard anything new?
I have failed to follow-up with them.

I will call in today and see if a sales code was created.

I have to call anyways because I need a tire balanced soon.
Sponsored

StAug Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL sport
I have been reading this thread for a while, I am sorry I did not order the 7" when they were available.

Everyone seems to be worried about not getting the over the air updates (OTA)
Now here is my question, "How to they manage to send me my update over the air? Do I have to be on a specific channel? Thru sirus, which I made not to renew? Is there some special device in my car that will receive it? Are they able to track my movements? Is big brother listening?

George999

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I have been reading this thread for a while, I am sorry I did not order the 7" when they were available.

Everyone seems to be worried about not getting the over the air updates (OTA)
Now here is my question, "How to they manage to send me my update over the air? Do I have to be on a specific channel? Thru sirus, which I made not to renew? Is there some special device in my car that will receive it? Are they able to track my movements? Is big brother listening?
what type of updates do they send and what are they for?

FUBICON

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SPORT
Has anyone successfully added the dual zone climate cluster panel?

Installed panel and module and sensors and got this to work (along with volume controls for 7” radio)???

Hoping someone is successful!

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Dodge Challenger GT, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco, 2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
Occupation
Engineer
Looking at my monthly check in here. Anybody tried ordering the 7 inch lately? I'm kinda still holding out for aftermarkets to start trickling in at this point.
I (re)checked RockAuto - all they have are crappy radios and 8.4 NAV (no way I'll spend that much). I had bought a Sirius equipped 5 (gasp) unit from eBay on the cheap and finally put it in this weekend. I CANNOT STAND just AM/FM and USB I guess. I've been scouring the web too but it looks dismal

Sponsored

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Dodge Challenger GT, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco, 2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
Occupation
Engineer
So I ordered yet ANOTHER unit from ANOTHER vendor (posted shortly) but this is the response I got from a different dealer-no I don't care if my email is visible. Maybe some else can use the dealer's link and get theirs. What a freaking nightmare
upload_2019-5-15_17-27-42.png

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
All I want is a damned radio - this is getting tiresome. Ordered a different (yet compatible supposedly) unit. I'll post outcome shortly. Not holding my breath. AND THANKS TO MORTON (whatever else) for their recommendation. I ordered P/N 68420237AB plus bezel. 2nd time the charm?
upload_2019-5-15_17-32-50.png

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I have failed to follow-up with them.

I will call in today and see if a sales code was created.

I have to call anyways because I need a tire balanced soon.

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Did you need an unlock code? I would suspect not since it was a NEW radio?

Sponsored

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
No I did not require an unlock code as it was purchased through FCA.
Same here - just asking because the 5 incher I put in (only for Sirius connectivity mind you) needed a code. Just want to know what to expect PROVIDED the 68420237AB order goes through. Thanks for all the detailed info though - the 68420237AB number seems to have worked. Don't understand all the FCA hullabalu about owners wanting to upgrade for Christ's sake.........must be $$

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Same here - just asking because the 5 incher I put in (only for Sirius connectivity mind you) needed a code. Just want to know what to expect PROVIDED the 68420237AB order goes through. Thanks for all the detailed info though - the 68420237AB number seems to have worked. Don't understand all the FCA hullabalu about owners wanting to upgrade for Christ's sake.........must be $$
Haha

Yeah SiriusXM was a slight challenge as they would not accept my call as a consumer to have it swapped to the new head unit.

They actually required the dealership to call to make the swap. It was a minor delay (1hr) but I was back up and running with my current subscription, actually they reset it to another 12 months so I got some extra time I wouldn’t have had. I think SiriusXM folks made FCA pay for another 12 months and refused to transfer the current 12 month free trail I was on. I’m assuming FCA pays by headunit..

Either way it worked out for me through my dealership in the end. Still in a waiting pattern on the sales code news though but not a show stopper for now..

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
It seems like everyone that has done this upgrade has on a 2018. Has anyone successfully done it on a 2019? I just picked up a 2019 yesterday and of course, I went stock to build up. I am shocked that now in the second year there are still no aftermarket mounts.

I have the seen infotainment com upgrade and it is basically double the price from what is being ordered through mopar. I tried to work the head unit upgrade into my car deal last night and the parts and service department said nothing comes up for the 2019 to upgrade.

kdotv23

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Sport
All I want is a damned radio - this is getting tiresome. Ordered a different (yet compatible supposedly) unit. I'll post outcome shortly. Not holding my breath. AND THANKS TO MORTON (whatever else) for their recommendation. I ordered P/N 68420237AB plus bezel. 2nd time the charm?
upload_2019-5-15_17-32-50.png
Keep us updated. Hopefully it goes thru!

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
would sure be nice if it goes through. I still haven't gotten one yet. But it really sucks it's double the price now.
Sponsored