Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Believe me I inspected the jeep inside and out along with driving it. Earlier in the day it rained and the Jeep was parked outside when I came to pick it up so there was no way I could tell it was leaking and yes your right it should of been caught at the factory. When the Dealer prepped and inspected for delivery the service area should of caught it then .Believe me this isn't my first Rodeo I've had 26 Brand new vehicles and none leaked . I purchase new vehicles so I don't have problems and waste my time sitting at Dealership getting it fixed .
Too bad so many factory workers do such a lousy job at their job. I'm pretty sure there is no perfect anything let alone a car with thousands of parts. Sorry your time is so precious you can't take a little time to drop it off to be fixed instead of letting it sit. How smart is it to waste your money not getting it fixed?
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Too bad so many factory workers do such a lousy job at their job. I'm pretty sure there is no perfect anything let alone a car with thousands of parts. Sorry your time is so precious you can't take a little time to drop it off to be fixed instead of letting it sit. How smart is it to waste your money not getting it fixed?
My time is precious I'll get it handled when I get time believe me. To begin with I think your missing the point here THE LEAK SHOULD OF BEEN CAUGHT AT THE DEALERSHIP DURING THE PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION end of subject .

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Ordered my replacement rear glass for the defroster mid Feb, was told probably April, got a call from the dealer on 2/27!

Jeepsysoul22

First Name
LAUREL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL JEEP RUBICON 2019
@Z J West

Do you really mean to imply that the rear hatch window on a JL is know to have an implosion issue... It does not!

The post you pointed to was the only alleged, rear hatch window "implosion" post, posted on this forum that I am aware of.

At that link ... that post.. in that case .... it was doubtful to most that, that window did in fact implode. Many here questioned that alleged implosion.

Well guess what. Overnight my rear window just imploded overnight in the garage. I can't believe it! 1200 miles 2019 JL Look more posts in the future I bet. Not considered a warranty item either because its a window even though its clearly a factory issue.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Even if it was a warranty thingy there are no windows available! I have one due under warranty for bad rear window defroster. It's been backordered since last December, still not here!!! Pretty bad if it was a broken window like yours, plastic is the only fix right now for you?

Maybe outside venders have one, but I'm waiting for Jeep to pay! It's a complete window, wiper and all so pricy, I'll wait 60 degrees out now don't need the defroster!

Good Luck!

Go jeep!!!

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Still waiting on my rear glass. Been over a month...

JEEPJLU18

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Sport-S 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Its been two weeks and still no word when my replacement will arrive, the dealer is replacing it due to the defrost wire came off. Chrysler customer service called last week on this and other issues I was having and said they would look into it, nothing yet.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Try 4 months!

No hurry now it's spring, it's just the principle of the darn thing! Jeep should be ashamed of itself for not getting on the ball and getting a different fix for this defroster thing! They have had it for years and seems worse with the earliest JL's?? I was at the dealer to complain the other day and there was some poor guy in there with the whole back window covered with plastic! Hope he doesn't have to wait 4 months, he'll hafta remove all his drain plugs!

Reminds me I gotta call the darn dealer and see if maybe I've been forgotten?????

Go Jeep!!!

Denver Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler sahara
i was just told by dealer rear window is on back order until June
needed for broken defroster

Sponsored

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Took me 4 months after someone shot my back window out
I have been waiting since October 2018! This will be my second glass replacement for defroster. Now its pointless with the soft top back on. The date of arrival for the glass has literally moved 7 times!

I am embarrassed for Jeep! They continue to turnout thousands of new Wranglers a month but can't take care of their existing customers. Does it surprise me? Clearly no but it does disappoint me!
Sponsored