First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I thought it would be off 3mph at 50mph. (6%). It also causes traction and stability control a slight delay in response.
I thought the same thing on my JK. When I put on 33"s is was off by less then 1 MPH. When I went up to 35's is was 1 MPH. A lot of people over react and overthink things. I used a GPS when checking my speed. No code problems either when I went from 3.73's to 5.13's.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever the correction, it does throw off the traction control, making it delay in engaging. Also, GPS often shows up to 1mph error. It fluctuates slightly.

Even 2mph isn't bad, but I want the traction and stability control working optimally.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
I highly doubt it will automatically recalibrate for anything. It will require a dealer to flash the computer. This is one of the worst JL rumors that has gained traction.
I finally had a chance to dig into this. It's not a rumor. Senior members of this forum were told directly by FCA representatives that recalibration was not necessary for 35s on the Rubicon: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-package-protected-for-35s.2333/. Of course, they may have been mistaken (wouldn't be the first time), but it sounds promising. It probably take awhile for it to make the adjustment. After driving for awhile on 35s, has anyone checked to see if it automatically recalibrates the speedometer?

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I finally had a chance to dig into this. It's not a rumor. Senior members of this forum were told directly by FCA representatives that recalibration was not necessary for 35s on the Rubicon: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-package-protected-for-35s.2333/. Of course, they may have been mistaken (wouldn't be the first time), but it sounds promising. It probably take awhile for it to make the adjustment. After driving for awhile on 35s, has anyone checked to see if it automatically recalibrates the speedometer?
I wasn’t going to recal because my speedometer seemed spot on after putting 35’s on. However, the service manager showed me an email that FCA sent out that stated a flash was required for anything over 33 inches.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
I wasn’t going to recal because my speedometer seemed spot on after putting 35’s on. However, the service manager showed me an email that FCA sent out that stated a flash was required for anything over 33 inches.
Good to know. Thanks!

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
No, it will not automatically do anything. It requires the dealer to update it. It is $100 for an update (they will update up to 3 things for the $100). If you get bigger tires and regear, they will make the change for the speedo recal and gearing with a single update for $100

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The E rated would be too rough for daily driver wouldnt they?
I run the E rated 35x12.5x17 on my JKU without any issues. I also run @ 30psi per the recommendation of AEV and have had great ride quality and wear.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Can someone share the back spacing and bolt pattern for the JL?

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
No, it will not automatically do anything. It requires the dealer to update it. It is $100 for an update (they will update up to 3 things for the $100). If you get bigger tires and regear, they will make the change for the speedo recal and gearing with a single update for $100
Does that include the tpms? The rubicon I test drove was at 41-42 psi and I'd probably run them low enough to make the light come on.

NN39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The third pic of the white Jeep shows the heavy duty tire carrier. Stock tail gate hinges are body color. The heavy duty tire carrier is black.
Would you know if the Mopar tailgate kit raises the carrier? Just wondering what else is needed to mount a 37" tire on the tailgate.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Would you know if the Mopar tailgate kit raises the carrier? Just wondering what else is needed to mount a 37" tire on the tailgate.
Theres three parts to their kit. The oversize tire mount, the reinforcement, and lastly the light relocation bracket. It's expensive like $1k for all three. I could buy a bumper with a swing gate for close to that...
Needless to say I am going to buy a bumper instead. If you buy the light relocation you could put it on the stock carrier. It will fit but probably won't want to run it on there for long. My 35s don't touch the bumper yet

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
This 2" mopar with 35" ridge grapplers on stock. Gained more than 2" for sure

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0745.JPG.jpeg

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
This 2" mopar with 35" ridge grapplers on stock. Gained more than 2" for sure

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0745.JPG.jpeg
Stock wheels, mopar lift, and 35's is what I'm considering right now. Just picked up my JLUR this afternoon. Any additional pics you could share? Been curious if stock wheel back spacing becomes more manageable once the lift is installed.