Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was just thinking if it is an insurance claimable thing even with the injury maybe/hopefully he has enough PIP (Personal Injury Protection) coverage to cover the other parties medical claims and such. I carry PIP on all of my vehicles because now-a-days people will try to sue you for anything.. PIP would at least cover all medical expenses I believe.

At any rate, I’ve never been to the EJS event, maybe one day I’ll be able to go, but you would think on each trail run they would have some type of trail master crew or something in place to prevent people from getting that close to the jeeps while they are traversing these rough trails. I understand the spotter has to be close but from everything I’ve read on this incident says it was a group of people standing there. I just think to myself how in the heck could this have happened! Evidentially these people were extremely close!
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
One thing to follow up, I can vouch for American Jeeper/Jeremy. Unlike a lot of Jeep Youtubers, I don't think he run an organized operation like some others, and I highly doubt he has any actual product sponsorship. From his video, he seems a very articulated guy, and not reckless at all.

I once asked him a question about CB radio mount, and he spent a good deal of effort explaining the mount, ground, and bracket he made to me, a stranger. That ought to say a lot about him. I mean he did run over someone, but that does not mean he is a pure evil.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Almost makes you wonder about those aftermarket programmers like the Tazer, huh? :lipssealed:
Installing a Tazer will have absolutely zero impact on something like this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
At any rate, I’ve never been to the EJS event, maybe one day I’ll be able to go, but you would think on each trail run they would have some type of trail master crew or something in place to prevent people from getting that close to the jeeps while they are traversing these rough trails. I understand the spotter has to be close but from everything I’ve read on this incident says it was a group of people standing there. I just think to myself how in the heck could this have happened! Evidentially these people were extremely close!
Something to understand that not every trail run happening during EJS is a sanctioned Red Rock Four Wheelers EJS run. During the week you have the RRFW's runs, vendor run's, and a host of pick up run's going on throughout the week.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Something to understand that not every trail run happening during EJS is a sanctioned Red Rock Four Wheelers EJS run. During the week you have the RRFW's runs, vendor run's, and a host of pick up run's going on throughout the week.
A lot going on I would imagine but it would be nice going forward given the gravity of the event to have some type of moderation on the trails as big as they may be.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I work in insurance (not auto). One thing to keep in mind is dont let yourself be underinsured. I see it often in my realm and it often makes a big financial impact on the insured when it happens; all to save a bucks on premiums. My point being, some people will get low bodily injury policy to keep premiums down. ESPECIALLY if you are a homeowner you want as much as the insurance company offers, for reasons like this. I have $1 million bodily injury limit but this can easily surpass that with associated medical costs and permanent disability, the insurance company may cut a check to the injured party for $1 million and day we did out part. Now the injured maybe coming for your home, and rightfully so if they will need lifetime medical treatment or can no longer due their job, etc.

Remember, as the DRIVER if the vehicle you have a duty to maintain control of your vehicle at all times. Some states may allow for some contributory negligence but the onus is on you.

As far as cars on track vs offroad. Ive always heard that as long as it is not a timed competitive event you are covered but ive never really looked into it. Also why they call track days “high performance driving education”. They also sell specialty track day insurance.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Enough with the off topic complaining. The recently posted YouTube video (and all the replies quoting or responding to it) were removed at the request of the user who posted it - so as not to give any more views to the controversial video.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Enough with the off topic complaining. The recently posted YouTube video (and all the replies quoting or responding to it) were removed at the request of the user who posted it - so as not to give any more views to the controversial video.
Go idea!

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As I posted yesterday all i or anyone should hope and prayer for is that everyone comes out of this ok, the Jeep and or mods to the Jeep don't mean a thing as they are all materialistic items so let’s all pray together for a speedy recovery for all involved and let’s stop the arm chair lawyer and medical diagnostics comments, most of us if not all were not exactly on the scene when this terrible event took place so let’s not guess and just be supportive for all involved.

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t want to put his business out there as I’m sure he will chime in when he can but for anyone curious, Jeremy (American jeeper) just texted and said that he will be ok and appreciated all the thoughts and prayers. Said it’s been a tough week as anyone can imagine.

That’s the latest greatest. Bad deal all around and something we can all learn from and hope it doesn’t repeat

Brett
The most accurate news yet. That’s good to hear he is okay! Wish him well for us!

Ricmcd

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2006 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Contractor
I’ve been following this thread from the minute it was posted, i’m Very disturbed by all the assumptions and criticisms when the details have not been released. No one would intentionally hurt a bystander or wreck their Jeep. Let’s all take a step back and try to imagine how Jeremy and the unfortunate bystander are getting through this. Remember all of these people share this same passion and are extremely saddened by the total event. Jeremy will suffer remorse for a long time and obviously her life has been altered forever. Thank the good lord she survived and she is recovering. It is my hope and prayers that this never happens but as we all know...things happen. No one is immune to having an accident no matter how experienced they are. Let’s all band together in support instead of the blame game!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No one would intentionally hurt a bystander or wreck their Jeep.
Can you please point out and quote the individual who has said this? I must have missed it.

I’ve read through every page of this thread and have only seen (1) negative post towards AJ.

Everyone else has been supportive.

It’s big news in our community, it’s an open forum, I think it’s natural to discuss what happened. I’ve read through all the posts and have noticed nearly everyone being supportive.

It’s like finding out something almost unbelievable and saying I forbid you all to speak about it lol

Again, everyone that’s posted in here has expressed their concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.