Sponsored

Diff Skid Plate vs. Diff Cover

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So yeah, does anyone know if the M210 or M220 would take the same cover as an "old" D44?
Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I'll probably go with the Rancho kits soon. They kept it simple.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
On my last 2 TJ's I had diff guards/ skids. They were great for protection, but if you take a really heavy hit they can bend into the diff cover. Likewise, if you're doing a lot of heavy rock crawling and dragging your diff over rocks, make sure you get something with protection for the bolt heads on the diff (either recessed or guarded). I rounded off a few bolt heads to the point where i had trouble getting them off when changing gear oil on my '04 TJ Rubi. Also, if you're eventually changing/ upgrading to a beefier/ High steer set up, the Diff guards sometimes get in the way (mine did).

As for me? I'll probably go for the Motobilt Diff guards and solenoid cover. Simple, Well built, and effective in all of the builds I've seen running them.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
The Rancho front and rear glide plates suit my needs for what I do. Others might have different needs and requirements.

joe_and_red_dawn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I run the MetalCloak rear diff skid, and I am having the Rancho front one powder coated black for $50.00 as we speak.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Truthfully damaging a drain plug to where it leaks could be a problem, but just damaging it to where it can't be removed is hardly the end of the world ;)

Just have to return to the ancient ways of removing the cover and letting gear oil pour everywhere. Personally I like drain plugs but they're a luxury.
Sponsored