Sponsored

Need some opinions on my Jeeps "theme"

What do the words "Rebel Scum" make you think of?

• Total voters

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
So I'm starting to get my Jeep to feel like mine. I've got plans for big mods like wheels and such but I wanted to get some opinions on small things that add flare and uniqueness. As soon as I saw the color in person I knew what direction I wanted to go and what I wanted to name her. The problem is at this point I've had more than one person get confused on the meaning of the name. I was hoping to get a broader sense of what people may think as I drive by. If more than a handful of people look at this and think I'm some kind of good ol'boy then I'm going to have to change things up.
On a side note I'm open to more ideas to brings this look together and keep with the theme.
Edit: to clarify the doors off pic is current. I had to change it up when the vinyls between some of the decals werent matching and one was pretty cheap quality.

20190223_172942.jpg

20190402_102933.jpg

Edit: adding some newer pics just for the hell of it.

20190526_104052.jpg

20190526_104114.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Star Wars is a big enough IP that I don’t think you have to worry!

Maybe I’m out of touch and too entrenched in my nerddom, but that font is pretty iconic... and if you were one of them good ol’ boys you would invariably have the confederate flag somewhere on your jeep.

OP
OP
UndeadxWarlock

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Star Wars is a big enough IP that I don’t think you have to worry!

Maybe I’m out of touch and too entrenched in my nerddom, but that font is pretty iconic... and if you were one of them good ol’ boys you would invariably have the confederate flag somewhere on your jeep.
That's basically all of my reasoning as well. But at this point I'm concerned that even a couple of people not getting it and thinking I'm some kind of Confederate is not worth it for me. Especially with the fact that there literally are trucks in these parts that fly that flag. I'm open to change but nothing I can think of fits.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
With the insignia and the font of the lettering I think it’s pretty clear you’re just a nerd and not a white supremacist.

Now if you were flying the stars and bars in the other hand...

Why didn’t you put a rebel alliance insignia with the words on both sides?

OP
OP
UndeadxWarlock

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
With the insignia and the font of the lettering I think it’s pretty clear you’re just a nerd and not a white supremacist.

Now if you were flying the stars and bars in the other hand...

Why didn’t you put a rebel alliance insignia with the words on both sides?
These are actually from 2 different times. I had to take the insignia off because the vinyl colors didnt match and the quality of it compared to the words wasnt good enough. At this point I'm thinking I'll have to reorder those insignias and put them back just to make it as clear as possible what I'm trying to represent here.

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Well I'm from WV so the first thing that came to my mind is a Rebel Flag hanging off the back. LMAO! Sorry just had to say that.....

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
These are actually from 2 different times. I had to take the insignia off because the vinyl colors didnt match and the quality of it compared to the words wasnt good enough. At this point I'm thinking I'll have to reorder those insignias and put them back just to make it as clear as possible what I'm trying to represent here.
See if forum vendor @pixeldecals can get it done for you. I’ve gotten product from them and it was perfect.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
You should go with the REBEL SCUM decal with the star wars insignia thing. Then get a Confederate Battle Flag hood decal and a license plate that says FARRAKHAN. Then maybe BLACK LIVES MATTER and SUPPORT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT bumper stickers. Drive around listening to Tupac with a David Duke shirt on... Just to fuck with people, because politically correct people are stupid.

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I think star wars. Look at the markings of some of the rebel ships for more tie ins.

I don't think racism when I see this at all even though I spend 5 years in Louisiana seeing rebel flags almost daily. The deep south is disturbing

OP
OP
UndeadxWarlock

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I think star wars. Look at the markings of some of the rebel ships for more tie ins.

I don't think racism when I see this at all even though I spend 5 years in Louisiana seeing rebel flags almost daily. The deep south is disturbing
That's pretty comforting. After seeing the ratio on the poll I decided I could live with the occasional rando not getting it. I think I will eventually change it up and put a rebel insignia next to the jeeps name. I would like to get it all in reflective vinyl eventually but havent been motivated enough to persue that yet.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Also, while I don't automatically think of anyone flying the Confederate Battle Flag as members of the Klan, I do think people living in states that never were part of the confederacy that do so are pretty silly. Especially West Virginia... Like do they even know why their state exists separate from the rest of Virginia? "Our Southern Heritage," :headbang: Dude you're a Yankee!

Sorry about the rant...
Sponsored