Sponsored

Boomerang Launches Tire Cover Line Designed for New Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera System

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on order #10496? I placed my order 2 weeks ago.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I am quite impressed with my Boomerang tire cover. Very well made.

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Mojito! 2.0t, 2016 Lexus RC350 F-sport
I love my new Boomerang cover! Their customer service is great, and the craftsmanship is solid!

D9F266B3-EEBD-4858-A5C8-FA25A545A9B6.jpeg

07ED933F-9900-44EA-9884-EB4D130B392A.jpeg

B90471FF-2113-40B6-9F94-F3BD3CE02EED.jpeg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
A8FC972D-7189-4F0E-B156-AB19B5A7230C.jpeg
On the Damariscotta River on the Damriscotta/Newcastle town line in Maine. Damariscotta Oysters!

Sponsored

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is boomerang going to have the mirror covers for the JL?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is boomerang going to have the mirror covers for the JL?

If you're talking about the side mirrors, you may want to look for some made by Colgan. Places like Carid, AutoAnything should carry those. I have a set of Colgan for the brides Mustang GT, and they are very well made.

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're talking about the side mirrors, you may want to look for some made by Colgan. Places like Carid, AutoAnything should carry those. I have a set of Colgan for the brides Mustang GT, and they are very well made.
Boomerang makes the color matched mirror caps for the JK. I was just wondering if they would do the same for the JL.
I will google Colgan and see what they have. Thank you. :)

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Boomerang makes the color matched mirror caps for the JK. I was just wondering if they would do the same for the JL.
I will google Colgan and see what they have. Thank you. :)
Well sir, I learned something new today. :) I understand what you're looking for now. Colgan only makes the heavy vinyl type covers as far as I know, but they may make others that I haven't seen.

BTW, I have had several "plastic" parts painted to match on other cars I've owned. If you can't find what you're looking for, and have a good body shop close by check with them. You just need to make sure they know how to paint that type on material. It takes an adhesive promoter before the primer, and paint can be applied.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I ordered one for my daughter & unfortunately, as happens sometimes, was sent the wrong one (in defense of the company, the tag on the package was for the correct one, however, the cover didn't match what was on the tag). I contacted customer service & they promptly sent the new one with a return label and new shipping envelope to return the incorrect item. not often a company will send out a replacement BEFORE receiving the replaced part....I would NOT hesitate to deal with this company in the future

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered one for my daughter & unfortunately, as happens sometimes, was sent the wrong one (in defense of the company, the tag on the package was for the correct one, however, the cover didn't match what was on the tag). I contacted customer service & they promptly sent the new one with a return label and new shipping envelope to return the incorrect item. not often a company will send out a replacement BEFORE receiving the replaced part....I would NOT hesitate to deal with this company in the future
Jeff, I'm impressed by their customer service also. The cover they sent me wasn't properly cut around the camera surround, and material started to pull away from the surround. A couple pictures was sent, and they promptly sent me another. If only other companies worked that well.

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have purchased a total of three tire covers (they even have my photo on their website). The first one was fantastic, the second one for my partners Jeep was also fantastic. When I upgraded my tires, I had to order a new tire cover. I ordered this tire cover on June 16. When I received my tire cover two weeks later, I received a different size cover than what I had ordered. I reached out to boomerang, and they provided me a shipping label to send it back. I sent it back that week, and now, two months after my initial order, I have yet to receive my tire cover. I have called multiple times, and every week I am told that my tire will be shipped that Friday or Monday, and it never is. Every single time that I call, I am told that I will receive a call back, end of the three times I have been told this, I never receive a call back. When I returned the tire initially, I was told that the ink was on back order due to Covid, and that I understand itā€™s outside of boomerangs control. It has been well over a month after that, and I have yet to receive notification that my tire cover has shipped. As a customer who has ordered a total of three tire covers from boomerang, I am extremely disappointed.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have purchased a total of three tire covers (they even have my photo on their website). The first one was fantastic, the second one for my partners Jeep was also fantastic. When I upgraded my tires, I had to order a new tire cover. I ordered this tire cover on June 16. When I received my tire cover two weeks later, I received a different size cover than what I had ordered. I reached out to boomerang, and they provided me a shipping label to send it back. I sent it back that week, and now, two months after my initial order, I have yet to receive my tire cover. I have called multiple times, and every week I am told that my tire will be shipped that Friday or Monday, and it never is. Every single time that I call, I am told that I will receive a call back, end of the three times I have been told this, I never receive a call back. When I returned the tire initially, I was told that the ink was on back order due to Covid, and that I understand itā€™s outside of boomerangs control. It has been well over a month after that, and I have yet to receive notification that my tire cover has shipped. As a customer who has ordered a total of three tire covers from boomerang, I am extremely disappointed.
You should be Disappointed.

while Covid has really messed Up the supply chains of many companies, what you are experiencing, IMO, is just bad customer service. Look at the two posts from June of this year above. My advice: Demand your money back, now. The time has passed to ā€œcut them some slackā€.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Boomerang Launches Tire Cover Line Designed for New Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera System 1610475789728

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
We have already addressed this issue and made the modification to our tooling.
Here is what it looks like now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Boomerang Launches Tire Cover Line Designed for New Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera System 1610475789728
I must have gotten an old one then... Followed the installation instructions and it appears that the plastic plate has a bow to it that creates a significant (~ 1/2 -3/4") gap between the camera and the cover
Jeep Wrangler JL Boomerang Launches Tire Cover Line Designed for New Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera System 20210910_163634

Jeep Wrangler JL Boomerang Launches Tire Cover Line Designed for New Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera System 20210910_163552
Sponsored