The clutch gang!

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Can anyone with a manual please take a pic of this bracket for me?

It’s the shiny black one. I loosened mine while putting in my new t case. I can’t figure out what it’s for. It does not move when I shift the trans or t case. Just sits there seemingly doing nothing.

Also here appears to be a hole on top of it but idk what it’s for
Thanks!!

2839667F-D477-4F2C-AC90-0031A89B83E2.jpeg

499A42DA-65F3-457B-9A9C-2C684A9A4F56.jpeg
Sponsored

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
Anyone else experiencing some hangup going into first? Every other gear seems good but getting into first I feel like it is not as smooth. Maybe getting hung up with reverse right there?

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Anyone else experiencing some hangup going into first? Every other gear seems good but getting into first I feel like it is not as smooth. Maybe getting hung up with reverse right there?
Do you mean getting into first while deat stop? No, not at all.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
that's interesting. Around here the dealers won't keep any in inventory because they don't move.
When I was walking the lot 2 months ago, it was a 50/50 ratio for the ones I looked at. They sell pretty well around here.

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Can anyone with a manual please take a pic of this bracket for me?

It’s the shiny black one. I loosened mine while putting in my new t case. I can’t figure out what it’s for. It does not move when I shift the trans or t case. Just sits there seemingly doing nothing.

Also here appears to be a hole on top of it but idk what it’s for
Thanks!!

2839667F-D477-4F2C-AC90-0031A89B83E2.jpeg

499A42DA-65F3-457B-9A9C-2C684A9A4F56.jpeg
Is this the picture you need? I had a minute and took a quick shot. If not, let me know and I'll get some better pics tomorrow.

Trans Pic.jpg

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Is this the picture you need? I had a minute and took a quick shot. If not, let me know and I'll get some better pics tomorrow.

Trans Pic.jpg
Not quite. It’s sort of hard to see. It’s a little piece of metal. Thin bracket type deal.

E372009D-F389-4C0C-85DD-058997B4A883.jpeg

DeborahB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I’ve had both manual and automatic over the years, and with a manual transmission I feel like I’m actually participating in driving the vehicle instead of being just along for the ride. I feel more engaged and love it. When I purchased my JL, all of the jeeps on the lot were automatic. The one I ultimately purchased was en route and a manual, which I purchased sight unseen. I found it funny that the the sales manager kept asking my sales guy ,”she knows it’s a manual transmission right?!” I guess I’m just an ignorant female who shouldn’t be driving a 6 speed. Hahahaha

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I’ve had both manual and automatic over the years, and with a manual transmission I feel like I’m actually participating in driving the vehicle instead of being just along for the ride. I feel more engaged and love it. When I purchased my JL, all of the jeeps on the lot were automatic. The one I ultimately purchased was en route and a manual, which I purchased sight unseen. I found it funny that the the sales manager kept asking my sales guy ,”she knows it’s a manual transmission right?!” I guess I’m just an ignorant female who shouldn’t be driving a 6 speed. Hahahaha
Manual is def cool but FCA did a crappy oem tune on it. Driving 40-45 in 3rd gear and holding at steady state the thing bucks or sputters a little bit. 1-35 mph and 50-80 mph it runs great. 35-45 steady speed is crappy.

DeborahB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Manual is def cool but FCA did a crappy oem tune on it. Driving 40-45 in 3rd gear and holding at steady state the thing bucks or sputters a little bit. 1-35 mph and 50-80 mph it runs great. 35-45 steady speed is crappy.
Sorry you’re experiencing that, I have no bucking or sputtering.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I'm laughing. Yes, we women can't possibly be smart enough to figure out how to drive a manual transmission ;) lol. One salesman asked me why I wanted a manual transmission. He had the look of shock on his face.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm laughing. Yes, we women can't possibly be smart enough to figure out how to drive a manual transmission ;) lol. One salesman asked me why I wanted a manual transmission. He had the look of shock on his face.
And that salesman probably couldn't drive a manual. That's really funny!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have no such issue in my 2dr Rubicon.