First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKUR 2018 JLU Sahara
My jeep I'm trading in has a carbon fiber vinyl wrap
MVIMG_20180212_135417.jpg

I bought it with the wrap already installed.
It has held up really well, it does have a few scratches just from where a tree branch hit it but it was easily patched.
Removing it would be pretty easy using a heatgun and a lil bit of patience, peels off just like a sticker.
Additionally, the paint underneath the wrap is left pristine.
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like someone on YouTube did a wrap in Satin Pearl White...

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
After watching that video I realized that I'm WAAAAY to OCD to ever do that to my vehicle. So many imperfections I'm probably going to lose sleep tonight for that poor customer. I have seen some wraps done extremely well and like anything, you get what you pay for. It's obvious that a lot of work goes into a wrap job and even more for a REALLY good one. I really like the idea of being able to change your vehicles color whenever you want with no major commitment, but it's clearly going to come at a price. Thanks for posting this video!

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
I recently wrapped my SUV and would like to wrap my new JLU but the paint is so pretty on My granite Crystal Sahara that I want to enjoy it for a while.
Here is the before and after for my other car. I picked them up (both) last Friday. I already had someone knock on my door to asked about where the car was wrapped.
Before:

picture.jpg

After:
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

I probably will, just a question of when. I think maybe a dark matte blue but we'll see.
Well...here's MY first attempt at wrapping myself.

3B5CF5E2-F452-4FC8-A882-AABC2C936889.jpeg

Sponsored

NickandRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (soon to be gone), 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Orderd on 3/28/18
I know some of you have mentioned vinyl wrapping your JK, and intend to wrap your JL. I've been reading about it, but I could use some straight talk. Let's assume I get my JL wrapped by a reputable shop.

- What is the cost of wrapping a new 4dr Wrangler? (While I'm sure it varies, what have you paid?)
- Is it nearly as durable (maintenance-free) as paint for the 5-10 yrs it supposedly lasts? Is it majorly affected by Rain, Snow, Sun, Salt, Mud, car washes?
- Does the wrap affect removal of doors, roof, etc?
- What is the cost of removing the vinyl after 5-10yrs? ... or rewrapping it?

Thanks in advance for your collective experience with vinyl!

GO GREEN

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
I know some of you have mentioned vinyl wrapping your JK, and intend to wrap your JL. I've been reading about it, but I could use some straight talk. Let's assume I get my JL wrapped by a reputable shop.

- What is the cost of wrapping a new 4dr Wrangler? (While I'm sure it varies, what have you paid?)
- Is it nearly as durable (maintenance-free) as paint for the 5-10 yrs it supposedly lasts? Is it majorly affected by Rain, Snow, Sun, Salt, Mud, car washes?
- Does the wrap affect removal of doors, roof, etc?
- What is the cost of removing the vinyl after 5-10yrs? ... or rewrapping it?

Thanks in advance for your collective experience with vinyl!
Currently having our JLUR wrapped.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/purple-jlur-build.5280/page-3

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
If you're looking for the ultimate paint protection (I'm not sure if you're wrapping to change color or protection) you want to add ceramic coating to the paint or vinyl. Vinyl typically runs 3-5k (I'm assuming 4-5k for a jeep) then ceramic coating is another similar investment.

Vinyl wrapping if properly applied shouldn't affect any part of a vehicles normal use. People get it on hardtop convertibles, etc. The wraps are cut specifically to fit what they're going on. They won't cover up bolt holts or anything that need to be accessed.

Ceramic coating gives you a hydrophobic glass barrier on top of your paint/vinyl. Water and dirt basically bead right off and you have the vehicle color corrected and polished before application and it basically maintains the clean look for 5-10 years. Everyone with super cars does this now. If you live in an area like Los Angeles, etc you can find pretty good deals on it.

How is this with rock chips? JLUs seem to be getting them pretty bad so most people are putting 3m on them selves and seen post about trying to get coverage under repair warranty.

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Few thoughts based on my experience...

Different vinyl products out their make a difference on the experience, mine was with 3M vinyl and I wouldn’t use anything else. Other products might be just fine, but I know that stuff was amazing.

Incredibly easy to maintain, just as easy as advertised washed and used a little speed wax as needed to clear water spots.

I personally think satin colors look much deeper in real life (to me matte black looks a little unfished where the satin products look more like the OEM paint jobs you can get from bmw Mercedes etc)

It offers decent protection for rock chips etc on road... off-road it would be useless it simply wouldn’t hold up

My m3 cost 2600 with custom cutouts etc... I cant imagine a JLU being less from a reputable shop I went black to satin black so hinges and door jams were not a concern on a Jeep and a big color change that would be an extra cost.

No experience with real ceramic coating but I’ve always liked the idea of Xpel stealth it’s a self healing coating that gives your factory color a matte look, they sell a totally clear version as well

6219C21B-4C32-43BB-971F-12FE9FC661B8.jpeg

4ED3C123-6E9C-4722-B123-7136EC77EE64.jpeg

Sponsored

Jessgut12

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Has anyone just wrapped the plastic fender flares?

Col Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU
I recently wrapped my SUV and would like to wrap my new JLU but the paint is so pretty on My granite Crystal Sahara that I want to enjoy it for a while.
Here is the before and after for my other car. I picked them up (both) last Friday. I already had someone knock on my door to asked about where the car was wrapped.
Before:

picture.jpg

After:
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

I probably will, just a question of when. I think maybe a dark matte blue but we'll see.
What color and brand did you do the SUV? That looks great!

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
We considered ordering a red JLUR and putting matte on it. Saw a Porsche done this way and it rocked!

In NY/NJ metro area I received two quotes. Both were in the $6k range. Needless to say, we went with white and couldn't be happier

OP
OP
msujedi

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Rather than going with wrapping the whole Jeep or sticking with Mopar graphics, I might use vinyl wrap to make my own.
The rock climber on this Concept Gladiator inspired me. Does anyone have experience/tips for getting an outline of an image on a piece of vinyl and cutting it?
easter-jeep-safari-2019-gravity-concept-hood-graphics.jpg
Sponsored