Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt. Why do they even bother with a phone number (or email) at all. Might as well buy accessories from a no-name Chinese company.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I have had many questions about products that I bought and no one exists to answer them. Email throws up an error and I’ve spent over 20 minutes on hold multiple times. Got frustrated and hung up. Ridiculous

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Well if they had to hire a bunch more of customer service staffs they’d have to price their products into ARB territory. And then you wouldn’t buy them anymore. So yea that’s a toss up.

Last edited:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I lost one of the square bolts for a winch install. Called them asking to buy them, they sent me an entire install hardware bag for free. I have a buddy that constantly emails companies and then complains it takes days or weeks for them to respond. Why not just call while crusing in the Jeep? I’m sure they are busy with everyone’s last min ejs installs

Brett

Sponsored

Hobbination

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Parts are all Chinese too, of course I find out after I buy their bumper for my JLUR, if I had it to do over again, zero chance I buy Smitty.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but they can't be the worst. Twenty people on the forum say FCA is worst.

You can go to 400 W. Artesia in Compton CA and they'll give you all the answers you need.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Lol, well don't ever do business with 4 Wheel Parts, I knew that a decade ago and forgot, after recently purchasing a product from them I now remember why.

brianP

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I lost one of the square bolts for a winch install. Called them asking to buy them, they sent me an entire install hardware bag for free. I have a buddy that constantly emails companies and then complains it takes days or weeks for them to respond. Why not just call while crusing in the Jeep? I’m sure they are busy with everyone’s last min ejs installs

Brett
I did the same thing and also received an entire bag free as well, I will agree with the OP that the wait times for phone calls are sometimes lengthy but they do answer just need to be patient

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I am sorry the OP has had trouble with Smitty. My experience has been just the opposite. My calls and emails were just fine. I asked for a new plate for the bottom of the solenoid assembly as one hole was drilled too large. They sent me the entire assembly. When I called and told them I could not free spool, guess what, they sent a new winch. So YMMV, but I am satisfied.
Sponsored