Any Metalcloak fans out there?

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
The only thing I don’t like about the MC kits is how the front axle rolls back to fix castor while most push it out
Can tell a MC kit from the side, front axle sits back further than others

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I read through the install instructions and it says you shouldn’t paint the components. Not sure why it would matter though.
I talked to them, and the reason for this is in order to powdercoat you need to blast the parts, and that would remove the zinc coating. They don't recommend that. I'm just going to prime and paint over them.

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Have any of you extended your breaklines, breather tubes, rear locker harness, E brake cable, etc with your kits? I just installed the 6pak shocks last night with our 3.5" GC kit. I already saw some stretch in the locker wires in the rear and that was with the stock shocks with the kit (no flex lol). No way that shit won't rip out now.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am using rocksports but the extended lengths are similar to the 6 pack. Front and rear i had to remove the clips on the wiring that connected it to the frame. I also moved the ebrake under the crossframe in the rear. The rear i bent the brake line bracket and the front i cut off the tabs connecting the brake line but left the frame mounted clip as is.

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am using rocksports but the extended lengths are similar to the 6 pack. Front and rear i had to remove the clips on the wiring that connected it to the frame. I also moved the ebrake under the crossframe in the rear. The rear i bent the brake line bracket and the front i cut off the tabs connecting the brake line but left the frame mounted clip as is.
How exactly did you move the ebrake cables before the cross frame? I can't get enough slack in the cable to remove the retaining clip

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I just installed the gamechanger 2.5" rocksport lift on my JLUR, and its freaking amazing. This thing checks all boxes for me. the look, the flex, and the on road comfort is unbelievable.

Sponsored

SnoShoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, 2019 JLUR
Metalcloak is an absolutely fantastic company. Top notch product and customer service. My JK was nearly all MC. 3.5 game changer old man emu edition w/ tie rod and drag link, front and rear bumpers, and sliders. Of course it doesn’t hurt that I live within an hours drive from them! And they put on great events, if you live anywhere near Rancho Cordova I highly recommend going to their Skillzday event!

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my TJ, I added their control arms and trackbars and that by itself was a tremendous improvement over the budget arms and even stock. I chose their trackbars because they had put so much effort into making sure that it cleared the front diff cover and, for the rear, they had two different options for different conditions. In a field where it is becoming increasingly difficult to be pioneers without just creating crap, they have managed to find a way to be a innovative leader. You can tell that when other companies (e.g. Sy***gy) start to copy them. I have never heard nor seen anything substantial or quantifiable negative against them, just people who don't like them for unspecified reasons. I also had an occasion to visit them during a business training a couple of years ago and they were awesome to talk to and took me on a tour of as much of their facility as they could. I definitely plan to use their kit when I upgrade my JL in the next few years.

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
The only thing I don’t like about the MC kits is how the front axle rolls back to fix castor while most push it out
Can tell a MC kit from the side, front axle sits back further than others
This is only true if you go with adjustable uppers ONLY. Just like any other kit out there that doesn't replace lower control arms.

-Eli
Sponsored