Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the weight of the Rubicon wheels? I have been looking around for aftermarket wheels and man most of the wheels seem really heavy. This morning I was looking at 17"-18" wheels and most of them were 32lbs-40lbs each. With the weight of 35" Ridge Grapplers the combo will be like turning anchors. I would like find something lighter or stay around the same weight of the stock wheels.

UPDATE march 16, 2018: weighed them myself at 21.6 pounds with factory wheel weights still attached. way lighter then I was expecting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Anyone know the weight of the Rubicon wheels? I have been looking around for aftermarket wheels and man most of the wheels seem really heavy. This morning I was looking at 17"-18" wheels and most of them were 32lbs-40lbs each. With the weight of 35" Ridge Grapplers the combo will be like turning anchors. I would like find something lighter or stay around the same weight of the stock wheels.
I don't know what the weight of the stock Rubicon wheels are (would love to find out) but Method Race Wheels "Roost" model is listed at 25 lbs. If I end up going aftermarket wheels this are high on my list.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
On the JK, they were about 27 lbs. I'd assume the JL is similar.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm interested in keeping the weight down myself. Finding the weight of each wheel is proving elusive.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The TJ Rubicon wheels were forged, and were HEAVY. I think on the JK they went back to cast, and it saved a little. Not sure on the JL.

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

UPDATE march 16, 2018: weighed them myself at 21.6 pounds with factory wheel weights still attached. way lighter then I was expecting.
I can confirm that. 21.12 LBS on the post office scale.

Last edited:

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I can confirm that. 21.12 LBS on the post office scale.
Thank you... that is impressive.. I noticed a BIG difference in my back ache changing the Methods MR105 (32lbs) with Maxxis 37 creepys add 75 lbs.. vs factory 33" BFG AT (not sure of the weight, feels like 50-60 lbs total... MPG goes from 13 to 17 as well… so ~ double the rotating mass...

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
21 lbs is pretty darn light. Is that for the standard Rubicon wheel, or the upgraded black wheel?

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Weight of Rubicon Upgrade Wheel- 25lbs.

Using a cheap analog bathroom scale, me alone...215 lbs. With Rubicon upgrade wheel, 240. The only thing on the wheel was the center cap and valve stem, no tpms. I was hoping it was closer to 20. Itis a cheap scale though so hopefully it’s off.

Last edited:

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
21 lbs is really light, I’m surprised. All the weight guys are adding with aftermarket wheels, it’s not surprising why so many complain about mpg. I had procomp on my JT and they were 25 lbs. and felt lighter with 35” Patagonia than my stock wheel and 33” Falkens. I’m beginning to rethink whether I will change wheels now on my new JLURD coming this weekend.
Sponsored