What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Been there. It sucks. Came up with this to prevent it again. Works like a charm.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 8.49.14 AM.png
Yup, I did the same thing.. I placed it a few months ago. A piece about 9" long on each side. I have it pushed way down, so you don't see it. Does not effect seat movement...

Works great and has already prevented a few headaches... i.e. crapola dropping down in........

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Teraflex Alpha tire mount. No third brake light yet, working on a solution to work with my smitty built license plate bracket.

20190405_133646.jpg

20190405_133653.jpg

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Well - not today, but Wruby got some upgrades within the last couple weeks. :)

Draw Tite hitch and Thule T2 Classic 4 Bike Rack with Kuat Hi Lo Hitch Extender

IMG_4056x.JPG

Mopar Grab Handles

IMG_4191.JPG

Mopar front/rear mud flaps

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

Mopar locking gas cap

IMG_4202.JPG
soooo, thoughts on the locking cap? is it enough to deter uncool peeps?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
soooo, thoughts on the locking cap? is it enough to deter uncool peeps?
I love it... if anything, for peace of mind. I've driven her a few times this week, so far no crazy peeps. So, success :) But seriously, it really is for peace of mind.

Twmcneilly

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 CTD, 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour
Occupation
Retired
M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal arrived on the porch yesterday. So I got to it this morning.
A couple of pointers that made the install infinitely less frustrating...
I started the installion at 9:40, I tied a piece of string to the bracket just in case it got away from me while maneuvering it into position. That went perfectly fine and having the string probably ensured that I wouldn’t drop the bracket.
I installed the pedal to its mount in the central position and began trying to get the pedal over the studs on the mounting bracket.
By 9:45 I realized that I needed a little bit of help holding the bracket in place. So off the ACE I went. I procured a couple 1/4” bolt retainers (25 mins and 2 x .23 cents later) I was back home sliding them over the protruding 1/4” studs. They worked great. It took a little bit of wiggling to get both studs lined up with the pedal bracket, and I don’t think I could have done so easily without the studs being held solidly in place. (M.O.R.E really should consider adding those reatiners to the install kit.)
Installing the furthest aft washer and nut was pretty easy, since it’s visible. However, the forward-most stud is quite well hidden when the pedal in in the center position. So I stuffed a spare spacer nut into a 7/16” socket, and wrapped some tape around the nut I was installing, and stuffed it into the socket with a slight protrusion. Then with a mirror on the floor, I was able to guide the socket, on an extension, into position and tighten the nut.
In all, it took about an hour including chasing down the bolt reatiners to complete the install. I didn’t invent any new cuss words and dont seem, to have any new scars. Can’t wait to try out the pedal in my next long drive.

F1D077FE-6677-45A2-BDB0-04E8E86842CA.jpeg

043C8677-02AB-477C-B593-D16DEE4CEFB7.jpeg

67B6D31A-6F25-4FDA-B6DF-5F8E710B3A49.jpeg

DFC150FE-1789-4913-9FEE-7C868D43B537.jpeg

SandHappens

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
I used the stock license plate mount, that is designed to be attached to the front of the bumper, and installed it under the front bumper. Screws were used to attach two L brackets to the license plate mount. Then I sandwiched the other side of the L bracket between the bottom of the front bumper and the top of the skid plate. Before I attached the L brackets I bent them to more of a Y shape. Now I have more room for activities on the front bumper!
plate.jpg

Twmcneilly

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 CTD, 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour
Occupation
Retired
I used the stock license plate mount, that is designed to be attached to the front of the bumper, and installed it under the front bumper. Screws were used to attach two L brackets to the license plate mount. Then I sandwiched the other side of the L bracket between the bottom of the front bumper and the top of the skid plate. Before I attached the L brackets I bent them to more of a Y shape. Now I have more room for activities on the front bumper!
plate.jpg
So. Are you saying that you didn't even have to drill into the bumper? I'm currently running without a front plate, just as I did for ten years on My SL500 and three years on my JK. (They ARE required in WA - but they SO ruin to looks of most cars...) Every once in a while I wonder if I should put one on. I'd be more inclined if it didn't require drilling into the bumper.... And... if you tear it off on a trail you have a good excuse for not having it!!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
So. Are you saying that you didn't even have to drill into the bumper? I'm currently running without a front plate, just as I did for ten years on My SL500 and three years on my JK. (They ARE required in WA - but they SO ruin to looks of most cars...) Every once in a while I wonder if I should put one on. I'd be more inclined if it didn't require drilling into the bumper.... And... if you tear it off on a trail you have a good excuse for not having it!!
@Twmcneilly , consider either of these solutions if you don't want to drill the stock steel bumper.

https://maximus-3.com/home/jl-low-mount-license-plate-bracket
https://maximus-3.com/home/jl-stealth-front-license-plate-bracket-frame

I personally went with the "stealth" version. A little expensive, but built incredibly well and bolt into existing holes....

Last edited:

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Topsy brackets

Anyone ever do anything else with them? Seems like a solid mounting point for something when the top isn't off

A39D97AA-084D-472C-BB7A-F6209F01A9E7.jpeg

55B3A910-0383-48D0-A94D-D133ED1C046B.jpeg

SandHappens

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU

That is correct, no drilling in the bumper. I loosened all of the bolts on the skid plate and that gave enough room to slide the L brackets in. Once tightened back up it is very solid. It only took about 5 minutes. It won't go anywhere, unless it gets stuck on a rock. Plates are required in California, as well. I just couldn't get myself to put it on the front of the bumper. I saw an aftermarket plate mount on one of the websites, and that gave me the idea to modify the one I had with parts already in my garage.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
plate.jpg
If you switch out the front Mopar spring pads to the RockKrawler correction pad for the Mopar kit your springs would be straight and not bowed. Even if they are the redesigned updated ones they will fail.