Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
20190404_113204.jpg
20190404_113219.jpg
20190404_113204.jpg
20190404_113219.jpg
20190404_113234.jpg

Finally all in. Jl specific falcon shock retrofitted to work with steersmarts.
Nice!
You got anymore info on this install, I see all the parts from Steersmarts, but wondering about how the Falcon SS was modified to work with this setup. Did you just drill out the original bracket and then use the steersmarts relocation bracket?
Also what draglink, did you get the Griffin attenuator?

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
You got anymore info on this install, I see all the parts from Steersmarts, but wondering about how the Falcon SS was modified to work with this setup. Did you just drill out the original bracket and then use the steersmarts relocation bracket?
I sent the shock back to teraflex and they retrofitted the Clamp bracket for 1 5/8 tierod. I had to purchase the clamp naturally.

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Expect a 17 year old to do this on his Civic but not on a Jeep. Why would you put red lights like that on when they are illegal?
Yep. I'll never grow up. I think it's cool. =-)

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sent the shock back to teraflex and they retrofitted the Clamp bracket for 1 5/8 tierod. I had to purchase the clamp naturally.
Also purchased the JL front trackbar relocation bracket. To make it all work.

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
Also what draglink, did you get the Griffin attenuator?
No attenuator. I'm iffy on that. Its better than rock solid.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I don’t have any problems with mine currently, I just know it can be improved.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Rigs looking good...I need those skids so I can turn my rk lca so grease fitting is on bottom. I got 90 degree fitting on now but still hard to access without drooping the front axle :facepalm:
Same here...frustrating to grease the RK LCA's.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had no issues at all but I'm a suspension guy. I like to compete the package. Steersmart and falcon have amazing products. I have all 8 arms in. No drifting at all. Tight like a Porsche.

Which arms did you get?

Does steersmarts work with other steering stabilizers to top mount or is that up the the other manufacturer?

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which arms did you get?

Does steersmarts work with other steering stabilizers to top mount or is that up the the other manufacturer?
I have rock krawler arms. Yes steersmarts works with other stabilizers, But you will need A track bar relocation bracket to mount one end of the SS shock to. Or use the Synergy steering Stabilizer track bar bolt

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Has it impacted your MPG at all?
@PapaJoe
With my fairly aggressive driving style and my trailering a lot, my gas mileage is undoubtedly poor anyway.

Since you are interested.... I mentioned this in another post today:

Supposedly,
if you use Eco Mode, you will increase your gas mileage. To be honest.... I believe it is possible, ECO Mode helps with increasing gas mileage.... but reality is, even if you, yourself are very watchful in how you drive in general, your gas mileage will not improve or only improve a tad using ECO Mode.

BUT ..... for those that rock crawl, etc., I do believe Eco Mode is a real plus. When in Eco Mode, it makes the throttle way less responsive and would be a real plus when navigating rocks/boulders. This is a real plus!
Also would be a big plus, in snow, sand and mud...

You can test out a Pedal Commander or the iDrive for 30 days and if you do not care for it, you can get a full refund.

Personally, I would go with the Pedal Commander. The iDrive pales in comparison to the Pedal Commander..... For starter's, the Pedal Commander can be adjusted via an app on your Smart Phone. SOoo, no little aftermarket Throttle Controller box, stuck to your center console, etc..

Forum Sponsor, @Northridge4x4 gives a pretty decent discount on the Pedal Commander.Northridge 4x4 is an authorized retailer of the Pedal Commander.

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
@PapaJoe
With my fairly aggressive driving style and my trailering a lot, my gas mileage is undoubtedly poor anyway.

Since you are intereste.... I mentioned this in another post today:

Supposedly,
if you use Eco Mode, you will increase your gas mileage. To be honest.... I believe it is possible, ECO Mode helps with increasing gas mileage.... but reality is, even if you, yourself are very watchful in how you drive in general, your gas mileage will not improve or only improve a tad using ECO Mode.

BUT ..... for those that rock crawl, etc., I do believe Eco Mode is a real plus. When in Eco Mode, it makes the throttle way less responsive and would be a real plus when navigating rocks/boulders. This is a real plus!
Also would be a big plus, in snow, sand and mud...

You can test out a Pedal Commander or the iDrive for 30 days and if you do not care for it, you can get a full refund.

Personally, I would go with the Pedal Commander. The iDrive pales in comparison to the Pedal Commander..... For starter's, the Pedal Commander can be adjusted via an app on your Smart Phone. SOoo, no little aftermarket Throttle Controller box, stuck to your center console, etc..

Forum Sponsor, @Northridge4x4 gives a pretty decent discount on the Pedal Commander.Northridge 4x4 is an authorized retailer of the Pedal Commander.

Wow, thanks so much for that!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@PapaJoe

I just installed the Pedal Commander, yesterday. .... so, I'm just getting to know it... 8-)

Can tell you that it has made a good first impression on me.

Not that the 3.6L is not awake already, lets say.... but the Pedal Commander really wakes it up.... makes the JL respond so much better/nicer.

Reactions: RTJ