What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Cracked my mother f’ing windshield on my mother f’ing way to work. Luckily I think I fixed it.

A02A8DB9-5C70-4B1B-9BC4-7F96E0890064.jpeg

9466BC16-3938-4899-9C73-A2C3EBDAC959.jpeg

3C8C33AD-B526-4703-9432-C9DE24FFD825.jpeg
FOLLOW-UP!! My wife reached out to our insurance, great reply.

4749A259-9242-491E-BE80-673EE04ED5A2.jpeg

emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What did I do TO my Jeep today? I partially removed the center console in my new Jeep...

Let me first start by telling you, my wife borrowed my Jeep for a few days while I was out of town... She calls me the other day and tells me she dropped the key fob down between the passenger seat and the console. You know, the notorious blackhole area? Well, the key fob then fell underneath the console through a small opening (small enough for a fob to fit through). Now she can't lock the door because she can't get to the fob. So, my Jeep sat in her work parking lot all day, unlocked, and with the fob within starting distance.

I got home today and took off the back two bolts of the console. I had to put some duct tape on the end of a retractable magnet tool and grab the fob. I got it out fairly easily.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
What did I do TO my Jeep today? I partially removed the center console in my new Jeep...

Let me first start by telling you, my wife borrowed my Jeep for a few days while I was out of town... She calls me the other day and tells me she dropped the key fob down between the passenger seat and the console. You know, the notorious blackhole area? Well, the key fob then fell underneath the console through a small opening (small enough for a fob to fit through). Now she can't lock the door because she can't get to the fob. So, my Jeep sat in her work parking lot all day, unlocked, and with the fob within starting distance.

I got home today and took off the back two bolts of the console. I had to put some duct tape on the end of a retractable magnet tool and grab the fob. I got it out fairly easily.
Wow, I can’t believe you let your wife drive your jeep

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I got a chuckle from your statement because my wife gets asked often, "Your husband lets you drive his Jeep?" I went out and bought a set of these to belay any further confusion:

614b6Eez-WL._AC_UL320_.jpg
Do you have a link for these?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing

Been there. It sucks. Came up with this to prevent it again. Works like a charm.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 8.49.14 AM.png

richaudet

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep JLUR MOJITO!

I lost a 67 Designs fastener over the weekend...there is a gaping hole in the center area where the e-brake is. I didn't realize this and pushed the thing right in there. Its still there...i was annoyed and didn't have to find it immediately. Poor design IMO

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
I lost a 67 Designs fastener over the weekend...there is a gaping hole in the center area where the e-brake is. I didn't realize this and pushed the thing right in there. Its still there...i was annoyed and didn't have to find it immediately. Poor design IMO
these guys are great, had that happen on my 2016 rubi, thing just disappeared. called them ad they sent me the end half that i lost.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner