Sponsored

Let's see those 2-Door JL pics!

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I'm not afraid to ask a dumb question.

It looks like he has stock wheels on his rubicon. You can put 37's on stock wheels?

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just picked up my 2 Door JL from Wilson Performance and Offroad in Dayton, TN. They just upgraded my steering linkages with Steersmarts YETI XD and installed the 3.5 inch Metalcloak gamechanger Rock Sport Edition lift kit.
Looks good.

Did you replace the front driveshaft? I understand that there may be interference between the OEM driveshaft and the exhaust crossover with the larger lifts.

Also, what size tires are you running?

Sponsored

jeepnjam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good.

Did you replace the front driveshaft? I understand that there may be interference between the OEM driveshaft and the exhaust crossover with the larger lifts.

Also, what size tires are you running?
Yes I had the front driveshaft replaced. The issue is that the lift allows for so much droop that at full droop the OEM front driveshaft is put in a weird bind that just tears it all up. Not a problem if you aren't crazy flexing and just mall crawling, but I'm going after Badges so I'm not taking any chances. Another solution would be to choose a shock that limits the travel; but why would you do that. To save money it could be done later in a build, but not something I'd want to have to deal with on a trail.

Currently running the 35 x 12.50 pats on a 17x9 rim. I will probably stay at 35 until these at least wear out. That should give me time to build the axles up before I go bigger and hopefully give the aftermarket some time to catch up on 2 Door stuff.

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

What wheel/tire/supsension specs?
It’s a rubicon take off suspension - that got me 2” - 285/70/17 - the new wheels offset pushed the tires 2” past the fenders - i like it

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I'm not afraid to ask a dumb question.

It looks like he has stock wheels on his rubicon. You can put 37's on stock wheels?
several people including myself have mounted 37's on stock wheels currently running without spacers and moderate flexing, after massaging some plastic in the rear.
Tires2.jpg
(Edit: only 1.5" TF lift atm)
Sponsored