Sponsored

Black is played out...Show off your non-black wheels!

Sponsored

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi
Yes. I waited for the K02 315s with the c rating...took 6+ weeks for my shop to get them but I'm loving the way it rides. I don't want to lift the Jeep. For what I do I've got plenty of clearance and articulation and the look is perfect in my opinion. I think the JLUR should roll off the assembly line with 35s!
Agree 100% - how much did the mpg suffer by? 2?

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Agree 100% - how much did the mpg suffer by? 2?
So nobody is going to, nor should they, believe me here...but after my recent mods my mileage has gone up. Prior to the wheels/tires/exhaust I was averaging 14.9. Over the last few days I've been averaging 15.9. It could also be the type of driving which has included a few longer trips in addition to my mostly city driving.

I'm guessing the extra highway miles have helped but I certainly haven't seen any significant impact yet. I'll keep an eye on it.

My other guess is that the Borla Crawler exhaust is so much louder that I'm even more aware of hard acceleration and it might be keeping my foot off the gas. I think it is actually too loud for me and I might need to go back to oem.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I can finally play now...I waited a long time for this combo:
JMJ02542.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg
What’s up with the locking camera cover? looks like it might have been cutout to fit over the camera and now the camera mount is exposed.

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Great looking rims! Who makes them?
Rugged Ridge XHD in silver with the optional trim ring. Love them!

What’s up with the locking camera cover? looks like it might have been cutout to fit over the camera and now the camera mount is exposed.
I have the EVO tire carrier but I wasn't a fan of the third brake light / camera cover that it comes with so I used a rugged ridge third brake light behind my spare and I reused the oem camera cover. It doesn't quite fit perfectly and I need to keep screwing with it to see if I can fix it. I may end up just using some black tape to cover the pink park of the camera so it is less noticeable. I'm sure someone with more skill or more patience could make it work better.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Rugged Ridge XHD in silver with the optional trim ring. Love them!

I have the EVO tire carrier but I wasn't a fan of the third brake light / camera cover that it comes with so I used a rugged ridge third brake light behind my spare and I reused the oem camera cover. It doesn't quite fit perfectly and I need to keep screwing with it to see if I can fix it. I may end up just using some black tape to cover the pink park of the camera so it is less noticeable. I'm sure someone with more skill or more patience could make it work better.
Have you seen my post on how I used the factory camera mount on the Motobilt carrier? You can see my post in the Tire carrier thread. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-tire-carrier-thread.11575/page-14 Both Motobilt and EVO carriers are very similar so I’m sure you can do the same for yours. I reused all the factory stuff with a little modification from the stock tire mount so I can use the factory locking camera mount.

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
These AEV Borahs are almost an exact match to crystal granite
B8A3F216-7A60-418E-B54F-8E5E097B0B87.jpeg
DBE50F4F-673C-4D6B-A34E-C80840E2B674.jpeg
7FA86DD4-A1B1-4E50-9549-593B647F345C.jpeg
BFD6EDA3-75B7-438F-8FC6-AADD8BA19909.jpeg
362C75D3-56E3-4A23-8B25-564799B7F6B6.jpeg
So this is a question I’ve been meaning to ask someone that’s running the JK borah on a JL, was there any difficulty getting the camera to fit through the bore of the wheel? What did you have to do to get it to fit?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
6BD5FA4B-3F7D-4CEE-BA58-9841B5BC0A8A.jpeg
257C17D8-93D6-436A-8E8A-5CE4E1C45C81.jpeg
So this is a question I’ve been meaning to ask someone that’s running the JK borah on a JL, was there any difficulty getting the camera to fit through the bore of the wheel? What did you have to do to get it to fit?
I never tried mounting it to the stock carrier because I run a heavier setup and just didn’t want to attemp it like that, but on the Motobilt carrier what I did was reuse the factory camera mount after modifying it a little then I cut off the long plastic and aluminum piece that protects the camera so I can use the stock locking cover.

The JK version of the Borah wheel is a tight fit over the camera but it did fit through the center of the wheel.

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
6BD5FA4B-3F7D-4CEE-BA58-9841B5BC0A8A.jpeg
257C17D8-93D6-436A-8E8A-5CE4E1C45C81.jpeg

I never tried mounting it to the stock carrier because I run a heavier setup and just didn’t want to attemp it like that, but on the Motobilt carrier what I did was reuse the factory camera mount after modifying it a little then I cut off the long plastic and aluminum piece that protects the camera so I can use the stock locking cover.

The JK version of the Borah wheel is a tight fit over the camera but it did fit through the center of the wheel.
More than likely im going to run an EVO tire carrier so it won’t be mouning on my stock one at all. Ok I see what you did there and the spare comes on and off no issues and the camera remains in its place?
Sponsored